PDA

View Full Version : Pixar may stay with Disney after all

MacBytes
Jul 22, 2004, 12:01 AM
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Pixar may stay with Disney after all (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040722010103)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

Trowaman
Jul 22, 2004, 12:33 AM
Remember, this is also the paper that reported on the front page that Kerry had chosen Gephart.

Rupert Murdoch likes to make up some crazy stuff, so I'd take this article lightly.

For those interested in those trying to oust Eisner you can visit www.savedisney.com for more information. The site is run by former Disney board member and nephew of Walt Disney, Roy Disney.

ITR 81
Jul 22, 2004, 01:52 AM
Remember, this is also the paper that reported on the front page that Kerry had chosen Gephart.

Rupert Murdoch likes to make up some crazy stuff, so I'd take this article lightly.

For those interested in those trying to oust Eisner you can visit www.savedisney.com for more information. The site is run by former Disney board member and nephew of Walt Disney, Roy Disney.

He probably should have went with Gephart since he does have good union pull.
But anyway..I'm sure it's all about money so if Pixar can get more of the revenue I'm sure SJ will stick with Disney.

I would like to see two verisons of Pixar..one for Disney productions and one for their more adult audience.

gunnmjk
Jul 22, 2004, 04:06 AM
Title should be "Disney may stay with Pixar after all"

bennetsaysargh
Jul 22, 2004, 06:56 AM
I would like to see two verisons of Pixar..one for Disney productions and one for their more adult audience.

uh oh, that one could be taken out of context ;)
:p

pixar could make a lot more money alone, but there is the risk of a flop. i think they should just stay with disney until disney goes bankrupt, then buy them out :D

ah, i love the smell of imagined corperate greed in the morning :) :p

the_mole1314
Jul 22, 2004, 08:20 AM
I love Pixar, and I love Disney, but right now, I really don't know. I wish to see Eisner removed, since, well, he's an ass and ruining Walt's company, but I also want them to do well, so those pesky stock snatchers (a la Comcast) won't come on in and eat Disney.

g4cubed
Jul 22, 2004, 09:51 AM

I forgot about that.

Maybe Pixar got the pot sweetened and would have more control and revenue. Eisner at Disney is the problem and if he goes so do alot of Disneys problems.

Chip NoVaMac
Jul 22, 2004, 03:47 PM
Disney may have its own issues, but they do have a better idea IMO as to what people want from animation. So Pixar staying is good for both parties.

shamino
Jul 22, 2004, 04:42 PM
I don't think Murdoch writes articles for the Post. I'm sure he has much more fun working at the executive levels.

Either way, the Post was a sleazy tabloid long before it was purchased by NewsCorp.

shamino
Jul 22, 2004, 04:45 PM
uh oh, that one could be taken out of context ;)
You have a problem with an animated version of Brideshead Revisited? :D

yamabushi
Jul 23, 2004, 05:29 AM
There are plenty of other options for Pixar. I don't see why Disney is an especially attractive distributor when you consider their one-sided contracts. The truth is that if they even had half as many sales going it alone they would still make more money.

Pixar has also become a well known brand and doesn't necesarily need Disney anymore. Most consumers won't notice the difference anyways. Take for example the common misconception that Shrek is made by Disney.

Does Disney make anything noteworthy at all anymore? They are focused on distribution but that seems to be primarily comprised of slapping their name on something and sticking it on shelves. Not exactly an irreplaceable service.

montex
Jul 23, 2004, 02:17 PM
I'll believe that Pixar is going back to Disney when Steve Jobs says that it is so. Until then... well, people can say anything they want. Doesn't make it true.