Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derek1984

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
Is anybody else having problems with the Facebook App? For the past 4 days, Facebook keeps crashing on me. I'll be on for 5 seconds, and then it crashes. Also, a lot of the time I can't even sign on to it. It says log in connection failed. Anybody else having these issues with Facebook recently? It's becoming unusable for me.

sivola

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2009
I didn't use the app every second during the week-end, but when I tried it worked fine for me (iPod Touch, 3.1.2). We did experience some login issues with our iGift4u application right because of Facebook. It seems to be something affecting specific users though, not everyone. Facebook is going through major changes and probably the server where your info is stored is being affected.
At least our app doesn't crash :D.

Ive been having the same issue. However mine extends to the desktop website also.

yukong

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2009
Count me as one having crashing issues as well. Just started today for me. But it has been a constant problem all day today. Can rarely get into the app.

SuperKat

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2008
In A Galaxy Far, Far Away
Yup

Today has been fine but yesterday was a nightmare. After being denied all day from iPhone I tried logging on to FB from my Mac and got a message that they were doing maintenance which was possible affecting my account. So I can't blame the app.

derek1984

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
Today has been the worse so far. I can't even log onto Facebook. Connection just keeps failing.

And I don't have an issue with this on my MBP at home. Just the app on my iPhone. This is really frustrating. Hopefully they fix this soon..

kwyn

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2009
Today has been the worse so far. I can't even log onto Facebook. Connection just keeps failing.

And I don't have an issue with this on my MBP at home. Just the app on my iPhone. This is really frustrating. Hopefully they fix this soon..

Me too! Past 4 or 5 days not just on iPhone but on my home laptop too

keepy69

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2009
Yes, same problem!! Is very irritating. Even if I eventually get to log in, heaven forbid read a few posts, it crashes when I try and post something!!:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.