PDA

View Full Version : Airport Express: Time Gadget of the Week

MacBytes
Jul 22, 2004, 10:24 AM
Category: Apple Hardware
Link: Airport Express: Time Gadget of the Week (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040722112413)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

jsw
Jul 22, 2004, 10:47 AM
"Yes, I said PC. Because Express uses standard networking, and because iTunes is also the best music jukebox for Windows users, even Mac-free homes should look into this. Unlike earlier Mac products, the install disc runs on both Mac and Windows OS."

Ah, the assimilation continues....

"It's so easy to get this little Apple thingy to work. Maybe I should get an iPod, and, hey, those new G5 iMacs looks even better than my Dell!"

azdude
Jul 22, 2004, 12:57 PM
"It's so [i]easy to get this little Apple thingy to work. Maybe I should get an iPod, and, hey, those new G5 iMacs looks even better than my Dell!"

Kinda makes you wonder why the switcher campaign stopped, ey? ;)

Chip NoVaMac
Jul 22, 2004, 03:12 PM
Really makes one wonder about the marketing department of Apple. they lead in technology (SCSI, FW, Wi-FI, and of course the iPod), yet their market share ends up with others.

shamino
Jul 22, 2004, 05:05 PM
Really makes one wonder about the marketing department of Apple. they lead in technology (SCSI, FW, Wi-FI, and of course the iPod), yet their market share ends up with others.
Why does Bic sell far more pens than Cross? Cross has many inexpensive models that don't cost very much (I got mine for about $15, and refills cost less than a dollar). Cross pens work better and don't break. Bic pens typically break, leak or jam long before their ink is used up.

Answer: Because Bic is dirt cheap and they are sold everywhere. For the price of one Cross (which can't be purchased in the grocery store), you can get 20 Bic pens. People would rather pay a small amount now and throw it away when it breaks than pay a bit more up front and get something that will last a long time.

Same for Apple vs. everybody else. PC's are cheaper. Not at a 20:1 ratio like Bic-vs-Cross pens, but still enough. The fact that those cheaper PCs are crap, need constant maintenance and end up obsolete 2-3 times quicker doesn't matter. People would rather use junk and replace it when it breaks than spend a little extra up front for quality.

Chip NoVaMac
Jul 22, 2004, 06:01 PM
Why does Bic sell far more pens than Cross? Cross has many inexpensive models that don't cost very much (I got mine for about $15, and refills cost less than a dollar). Cross pens work better and don't break. Bic pens typically break, leak or jam long before their ink is used up.

Answer: Because Bic is dirt cheap and they are sold everywhere. For the price of one Cross (which can't be purchased in the grocery store), you can get 20 Bic pens. People would rather pay a small amount now and throw it away when it breaks than pay a bit more up front and get something that will last a long time.

Same for Apple vs. everybody else. PC's are cheaper. Not at a 20:1 ratio like Bic-vs-Cross pens, but still enough. The fact that those cheaper PCs are crap, need constant maintenance and end up obsolete 2-3 times quicker doesn't matter. People would rather use junk and replace it when it breaks than spend a little extra up front for quality.

So right you are. But with the right marketing you can break the price barrier.