Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2003
I thought it was one but believe I read somewhere it was two. Can someone please tell me on how many networked computers can CS3 be installed without conflicts? :confused:

After some hunting I found the EULA.
http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/index.html

2.4 "Primary User may install a second copy of the Software for his or her exclusive use on either a portable Computer or a Computer located at his or her home, provided that the Software on the portable or home Computer is not used at the same time as the Software on the primary Computer."

Buzz Bumble

Oct 19, 2008
New Zealand
I was told two installs per license as well, but you are only allowed to use one at a time (e.g. one on a desktop and one on a laptop when out of the office, or one at work and one at home).

You cannot install it twice and be using both copies at once - for that you need two licenses. It's possible that the software checks the network for two running copies with the same license and refuse to start the second one (Adobe PageMaker used to do this).

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2003
When attempting to install on a second computer an alert indicated that the maximum number of installations had been reached. Apparently you must phone Adobe for the second activation. This took less than 5 minutes including hold time. Getting past that, it appears it is possible for both computers to launch Photoshop at the same time -- but, of course, I can physically only use one at a time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.