PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! My ipod won't appear on my desktop and won't play music!!!

whw5
Jul 22, 2004, 03:24 PM
Hey guys. I am having a probablem with my 2G 10GB ipod. Whenever I plug it into my powerbook it does not pop up on my desktop or appear in itunes. To make matters worse it just gives me a folder with a exclamation point whenever I turn it on. I have tried restarting my computer and reseting my ipod. Any help would be great as I am leaving to go on a trip this weekend and my new mini won't arive for about a month. I would prefer not to have to throw my ipod out as it was working fine before this.

Duff-Man
Jul 22, 2004, 03:47 PM
Duff-Man says....see if this Apple document (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61584) helps you out....oh yeah!

whw5
Jul 22, 2004, 04:00 PM
i tried putting it in disk mode but it wont work, I scaned the harddrive with the check thing on the ipod and it said harddrive fail. What does that mean. Do I have to send it in?

FredAkbar
Jul 25, 2004, 06:50 PM
Thanks Duff-man, I just found this thread, as I'm having iPod trouble too, and that article seems to be addressing my problem (my iPod just shows an Apple logo when I turn it on, no matter how much I charge it).

I"m currently on vacation so I won't be able to try that for a few weeks. But thanks again.