Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrM

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
California
I installed Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) on my BlackBook. I have installed all needed drivers, updates, etc. When I boot into 7, I get a black screen with a blinking open command line. About 10-15 seconds later it continues to boot as normal. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Edit- Forgot to mention I am using Bootcamp.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
I installed Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit) on my BlackBook. I have installed all needed drivers, updates, etc. When I boot into 7, I get a black screen with a blinking open command line. About 10-15 seconds later it continues to boot as normal. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Edit- Forgot to mention I am using Bootcamp.

My buddy got a copy of Windows 7 off of various torrents sites, meaning of course he used a crack to validate it. He had this same blinking cursor issue though. Same thing happened to him in Vista as well (which was also cracked). Pretty sure it has something to do with making the BIOS think it's a valid license.

Terminal.app

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
My buddy got a copy of Windows 7 off of various torrents sites, meaning of course he used a crack to validate it. He had this same blinking cursor issue though. Same thing happened to him in Vista as well (which was also cracked). Pretty sure it has something to do with making the BIOS think it's a valid license.

I'm almost positive this is correct. My retail copy boots normally, but a friend of mine Pirate Bay'd his copy and it does the exact same "black blinking cursor" thing while booting on his Dell laptop.

nutman

macrumors regular
May 19, 2006
i get this with a legit copy of windows 7 downloaded through my school's msdnaa subscription.

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
i get this with a legit copy of windows 7 downloaded through my school's msdnaa subscription.

I also get this with my legitimately purchased Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate Edition.

Interestingly, I only get this when booting using boot camp, if I use VMware Fusion to boot my boot camp partition, this doesn't happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.