PDA

View Full Version : Wireless problems with Boot Camp

Phelusia
Oct 26, 2009, 11:31 PM
I installed Boot Camp around the same time I got my MacBook Pro which was around 3 years ago. I've had problems with the wireless ever since I started using it. The strange thing is it's different every time I use it. Sometimes it'll last for hours and it will be fine but then sometimes it will last for 5 minutes then it will cut off. It says I still have a signal but the internet just does not work. I thought it was just temporary so I would wait a few hours but when I came back the internet still wasn't working. I tried disconnecting from my wireless network but the window would freeze and I would have to restart but then I'd have to do it all over again sometime later. If I don't restart and open the window that you get when you hit ctrl+alt+delete (task manager?) and end task the wireless network window my screen goes blank and when my desktop comes back I can no longer find the wireless icon on the lower right hand side of the screen. When I try and open it from the Start menu it freezes my Start menu.

When my wireless is working it is really irregular. It'll stop working for a min or two then work again. At first I thought it was my router or my modem so I tried all the solutions for that but it still wasn't working. My wireless works perfectly when I'm using the Mac side of my disc so it can't be the router.

I looked around and couldn't find a solution that was specifically for my problem. I'm thinking that it could be that I'm missing a few files or drivers? I believe my Boot Camp is the Beta version since I got it before they released it with Leopard so it wasn't fully developed. I looked at the Apple Support page and it told me that to update my Boot Camp I would need the Mac OS disk but problem is I don't have that disk anymore. I'm not a computer tech so I do not know all the terminology or anything like that so any solutions might need to be dumbed down for me.

Any suggestions would be nice, thank you!

(I've looked around even more and I'm thinking more and more that I just need to update my Boot Camp haha)