PDA

View Full Version : Logic Pro Sends and Buses?

prophet8511
Oct 27, 2009, 01:27 AM
Am i doing this right.. I have a Aux channel that i put a insert on an set it as "Bus1" then I turn on Bus 1 on the channel strip and turn the BUs 1 to 0.0db. But if I start adding more buses to the channel strip and turning them up to 0.0 the channel strip gets louder and louder in Volume. Am i doing this right I have a screen shot of my setup..

http://img16.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20091026at112.jpg

http://img16.imageshack.us/i/screenshot20091026at112.jpg/

seisend
Oct 27, 2009, 03:28 AM
Not sure if this is the answer you want. But if you have more channel strips / buses /more sounds playing, this sums it self to the output. So you have to take the volume down. It's normal.

pkoch1
Oct 27, 2009, 10:22 AM
Correct, but I don't think that's what the OP is trying to do. Compressors and De-Essers (compressors) are effects that should be used as inserts on each individual track, and reverbs should be in the send/aux/bus configuration that you have.

You are not actually compressing or deessing the signal. You are adding a compressed and then another de-essed signal to the original, which is causing the volume boost.

Make sure that your reverb is set to be 100% wet also. You already have the clean signal, so you don't need that again. You only need the reverb to be returned.

NewSc2
Oct 27, 2009, 11:40 AM
Correct, but I don't think that's what the OP is trying to do. Compressors and De-Essers (compressors) are effects that should be used as inserts on each individual track, and reverbs should be in the send/aux/bus configuration that you have.

You are not actually compressing or deessing the signal. You are adding a compressed and then another de-essed signal to the original, which is causing the volume boost.

Make sure that your reverb is set to be 100% wet also. You already have the clean signal, so you don't need that again. You only need the reverb to be returned.

Yep. I think OP is doubling the signal unnecessarily. Stick those effects in the channel itself, and use auxes for effects like reverbs and delays, and busses for groups (remember to change the output, either on the bus or the channel).