PDA

View Full Version : 3 people in a hotel room

oldschool
Jul 22, 2004, 08:31 PM
i'm just about to book a trip to cancun with two other friends, but we just realized that it may be very hard to have 3 people in a room all sleeping in different beds.

The standard room has two double beds and i dont' think this will be sufficient.

Any ideas on what to do with three people in a room?

Sun Baked
Jul 22, 2004, 08:35 PM
Any ideas on what to do with three people in a room?No comment, this is a family show. :o

Just watch the drinking. ;)

sarae
Jul 22, 2004, 08:35 PM

get real cozy? :D

King Cobra
Jul 22, 2004, 08:46 PM
Pick up a $15 dirt cheapo inflatable bed (twin size) and use that for the smallest of the three people. My brother has one for when I visit him from time to time. The bed he has inflates in maybe 90 seconds and can be jumped on, stepped on, and doesn't need to be deflated for days... though I recommend deflating it whenever possible.

MoparShaha
Jul 22, 2004, 08:50 PM
Ha! When I went to Lake Tahoe on New Year's, there were seven of us in one room with two queen beds. Four girls and three guys :D. It was pretty bad. We ended up giving the girls the beds and us guys slept on the floor. The sleeping arangements were alright, but the difficult part was being in such close proximity with that many people for two days. Even though we were out most of the time, it became tiring.

I guess what I'm saying is that three people won't be so bad.

Nspace
Jul 22, 2004, 09:56 PM
Bring a sleeping bag, and each night have an intense game of rock paper scisors to see who sleeps on the floor. I am sure you could improvise on the method of selection though.

D0ct0rteeth
Jul 22, 2004, 10:04 PM
Bring a sleeping bag, and each night have an intense game of rock paper scisors to see who sleeps on the floor. I am sure you could improvise on the method of selection though.

or "high stakes Rochambeau" as me and the guys here like to call it :)

- Doc

homerjward
Jul 22, 2004, 10:17 PM
does your room have a sofa bed? when me and my parents and my brothers go on a trip we usually get 1 room :eek: with 2 beds and a sofa bed and 2 people use sleeping bags and the other 3 use the sofa and the beds

Baron58
Jul 22, 2004, 10:34 PM
i'm just about to book a trip to cancun with two other friends, but we just realized that it may be very hard to have 3 people in a room all sleeping in different beds.

The standard room has two double beds and i dont' think this will be sufficient.

Drag a mattress off one of the beds onto the floor. One person sleeps on the mattress-less box-springs, everyone has their own space. Put it back in the morning so the hotel doesn't get suspicious. Switch who gets to sleep on the mattress on the floor/on the boxsprings/on the regular bed every night to keep it fair (unless people are happy with their selection).

dotcomlarry
Jul 22, 2004, 11:48 PM
You can probably ask the hotel for a roll-away bed... most hotels offer those for a small fee...

Abstract
Jul 23, 2004, 02:28 AM

You used to living in luxury or something? Two people sleep in one bed, and one person sleeps in the other. Then you rotate so that you all get to sleep alone in one bed. Either that, or one person has to sleep in a sleeping bag, and you each rotate and have to sleep in the bag every 3 nights.
I've had much worse.

Anyway, how big is a double bed? I believe I have a single bed right now, but I'm not too sure.

robbieduncan
Jul 23, 2004, 02:49 AM
You used to living in luxury or something? Two people sleep in one bed, and one person sleeps in the other. Then you rotate so that you all get to sleep alone in one bed. Either that, or one person has to sleep in a sleeping bag, and you each rotate and have to sleep in the bag every 3 nights.
I've had much worse.

Anyway, how big is a double bed? I believe I have a single bed right now, but I'm not too sure.

I totally agree. If you can't share a bed for a few nights how are you going to put up with each other during the day?

Anyway: bed sizes (http://interiordec.about.com/cs/beds/l/blbedsizes.htm)

sonofslim
Jul 23, 2004, 10:21 AM
pillow + bathtub = sweet dreams. (and mildew!)

krimson
Jul 23, 2004, 10:29 AM
pillow + bathtub = sweet dreams. (and mildew!)

when I go snowboard in Mammoth, that's usually where I end up sleeping.
----

but yeah, roll away's are usually like $10 or so.

Doctor Q
Jul 23, 2004, 02:12 PM
All of these suggestions will work. I assume sleeping in shifts has been ruled out because you all want to be on the same schedule.

You could also get extra pillow and towels and make an extra sleeping space on the floor using them with the bedspread from the bed, folded in half. I've spent a few nights in a makeshift bed like that when there weren't enough to go around, and it gets the job done.

MrMacMan
Jul 24, 2004, 12:32 AM
Well you can ask for a 'rollaway' bed for atleast one of you to sleep on, the other gets the floor.

Everynight you rotate which gets the floor.

iLikeMyiMac
Jul 24, 2004, 01:27 PM
or "high stakes Rochambeau" as me and the guys here like to call it :)

- Doc
Is Rochambeu when you kick each other in the balls and the last person standing wins? Because thats how it was portrayed on South Park and I had never heard of it till I saw the show.

Doctor Q
Jul 24, 2004, 01:58 PM
The South Park version certainly sounds entertaining, but Rochambeau is more commonly used as another name for the rock-paper-scissors game. A quick way to make three-person decisions.

iLikeMyiMac
Jul 24, 2004, 02:06 PM
Hmmm. I've never heard Rock, Paper, Scissors called rochambeau till now. Maybe its a regional dialect thing like soda is called soda, coke, or pop depending on where you live. :rolleyes:

wdlove
Jul 24, 2004, 02:58 PM
You should contact your hotel. Many times they can add a small bed to the room. That way you could sleep all three comfortably.

Doctor Q
Jul 24, 2004, 04:40 PM
Hmmm. I've never heard Rock, Paper, Scissors called rochambeau till now. Maybe its a regional dialect thing like soda is called soda, coke, or pop depending on where you live. :rolleyes:I was going to quote you from Wikipedia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock,_Paper,_Scissors), but the whole article there is hilariously detailed. It even mentions South Park. Take a peek.

The article also tells you variations of the game that could be used for the "who sleeps on the floor" decision. For example, the "Rock Paper Scissors Spock Lizard" variation would be used when there are 5 travelers and there are beds for two people, a sofa for one person, and two to sleep on the floor.

themadchemist
Jul 24, 2004, 07:28 PM
Two people can share a bed...It won't be that bad.

slooksterPSV
Jul 24, 2004, 10:58 PM
Yeah just have 2 in a bed, and if you drink and do do it, so what, its all good anyways.

zyuzin4
Jul 25, 2004, 03:43 AM
one guy can sleep in the bathtub. double beds are pretty small for two grown men to be in, but if your room turns out to have queen sized beds it shouldn't be a problem. How old are you? afraid of sleeping with another guy?

Jalexster
Jul 25, 2004, 04:48 AM
Just sleep with all your clothes on. Or else your body's natural systems might activate in presence to anouther thinly clothed body.

I'm not saying thats wrong, but not everyone wants to do it.

davecuse
Jul 25, 2004, 05:26 AM
We split a room 3 ways when I went to Acapulco. I asked the front desk and a cot would have been like 300 for the week, on a college budget I definitely wasn't going to spring for that luxury. I ended up just not coming home till early in the morning and sleeping by the pool all day.