PDA

View Full Version : iPod remote cord?

sarae
Jul 22, 2004, 08:46 PM
I have a 3g 20gb iPod, bought in March '04, the one that comes with (along with other things) the remote. I know some people can't stand them, but I love mine.. or I did until recently, when I noticed that at the end near the plug (plug into the iPod), the casing was pulling off, exposing the wires underneath. It's gotten bad lately, and I don't know what caused this - I take care of it, and didn't notice anything "bad" that could have caused this.

Anyways, it started affecting the sound earlier this week, and went on Apple's site to report the problem.. but haven't heard back yet. Has anyone had this problem, and had Apple exchange the remote? I don't think I'm being silly for expecting them to replace the remote, as it's still under warranty.. any advice would be great.

mrviga
Jul 22, 2004, 09:07 PM
Yea, the exact same thing happened to me. Just go to an Apple store near you and they will replace it. Make sure you make it clear that you do not abuse your iPod, but that its a factory defect that is causing the distortion.

Good Luck :)

sarae
Jul 22, 2004, 10:43 PM
Yea, the exact same thing happened to me. Just go to an Apple store near you and they will replace it. Make sure you make it clear that you do not abuse your iPod, but that its a factory defect that is causing the distortion.

Good Luck :)

there is no apple store near enough to do this.. any other suggestion?

irmongoose
Jul 22, 2004, 10:50 PM
Use your warranty. That's what it's for.
Hint: Call Apple.

irmongoose