PDA

View Full Version : My bad day... how about yours?

mgargan1
Jul 22, 2004, 08:49 PM
My day stunk!... well first of all... i work in retail, and I was the only one who decided to show up for work, and i had to walk about 4-5 customers looking to powerbooks, cause i was busy. Then, because it was a downpour in Montgomery County, MD today, and i was wearing dress shoes, which have no traction... i fell in a HUGE puddle, and I had to drive home in completely soaking pants. I took my shirt off and drove without my shirt on... i felt like a redneck...

Then, about 20 minutes ago, i was moving a candle that had just been blown out, and all the wax got all over my keyboard!!...

I guess we can look on the bright side, and say that hey... my keyboard smells good atleast...

anyone else have one of these days?

MoparShaha
Jul 22, 2004, 08:57 PM
When it rains, it pours...

My day was alright. I spent the majority of it trying to do a clean install of Windows 98 on a seven year old HP Vectra for a local church. The computer is SCSI based, but has an IDE card. But, this card wasn't playing nice, so the CD-ROM drive wasn't working. Instead of trying to fix it, I just put the hard drive into another machine and installed Windows, then put it back in the Vectra. Of course, it needed additional drivers off the CD then, but since the drive was not functioning, that didn't go anywhere fast. By this point, my fingers were bruised and bloodied from dealing the Vectra's monster of a case, so I just left before I lost my temper any more.

Went on a bike ride to calm down after that ordeal, and now I'm sitting listening to some Radiohead. Sadly, I have to go back tomorrow and finish up the Vectra :(.

jimsowden
Jul 22, 2004, 09:54 PM
Where do you work? I had a pretty good day today. Displays, Expresses, and New iPods all came in today.

comictimes
Jul 22, 2004, 10:43 PM
I think today was my first good day in 2 weeks. First of all my girlfriend told me that she had decided she wasn't going to break up with me, which I've been nervous about for the past 1.5 weeksm then I got my new ipod, which has no problems, saw I, Robot, and had a really good dinner. But yes, I do have days like yours... as in most of my days for the past 2 weeks...

iNetwork
Jul 22, 2004, 10:48 PM
anyone else have one of these days?

Well I woke up yesderday morning at 0445, put on my uniform and had a sandbag party from 0500 until 0800. There's nothing fun about sandbag parties by the way. You haul 50 ish lb sandbags and build walls with them. At 0800 the temperature was already 105 with 70% humidity. I then went and ate a breakfast that was about as nutritional as what they feed african children. Because it was so hot I threw it up and had dry heaves for an hour. I then went and picked up a weapon and sat on a post the rest of the day. The high today was 125 with 70% humidity. I had to pee in a bottle because nobody would respond to the radio to take me to the bathroom. I also missed lunch because of the same reason. I was releived from post at 1800 and finally got my first meal at 1830 (6:30 PM) All to start over again at 0445 tomorrow morning. All for your freedom. You could see why I might get upset at your "bad" day when the highlight of my "good" day is when I get to eat and the mail comes. Thank god they give us one day off a week.

sarae
Jul 22, 2004, 10:54 PM
i think i'm becoming obsessed with macrumors!

today my fears were confirmed - my 1.5 year old digital camera that hasn't been working for a few days is officially broken (i was hoping it just needed a new battery) and en route to a canon repair store to assess if it can be repaired, and how much it will cost. i'm thinking it's going to be rather pricey, in which case i need to weigh how much it's worth fixing v. buying a new one.. and this affects my pending pb purchase. :(

and then at work (in a computer lab) they were replacing a section of macs with new pcs... sigh.

quagmire
Jul 22, 2004, 10:58 PM
Well it was a perfect day for me. I just got my new 20 GB ipod at Montgomery Mall. Just beat the down pour. I am currently listening to it. :D. The ipod is the 2nd best thing I got this year. My powerbook is the 1st.

themadchemist
Jul 22, 2004, 11:19 PM
Well I woke up yesderday morning at 0445, put on my uniform and had a sandbag party from 0500 until 0800. There's nothing fun about sandbag parties by the way. You haul 50 ish lb sandbags and build walls with them. At 0800 the temperature was already 105 with 70% humidity. I then went and ate a breakfast that was about as nutritional as what they feed african children. Because it was so hot I threw it up and had dry heaves for an hour. I then went and picked up a weapon and sat on a post the rest of the day. The high today was 125 with 70% humidity. I had to pee in a bottle because nobody would respond to the radio to take me to the bathroom. I also missed lunch because of the same reason. I was releived from post at 1800 and finally got my first meal at 1830 (6:30 PM) All to start over again at 0445 tomorrow morning. All for your freedom. You could see why I might get upset at your "bad" day when the highlight of my "good" day is when I get to eat and the mail comes. Thank god they give us one day off a week.

you win. thanks.

MacAztec
Jul 23, 2004, 02:00 AM

Are you serving the military in New Mexico? What the hell do you do? I mean, what are you stationed for? I can understand if you were in battle and stuff like this happens (i.e. bad food, peeing in bottles, etc.), but you are just stationed in New Mexico?

MongoTheGeek
Jul 23, 2004, 07:33 AM

Thank you. Know that there are a lot of us who appreciate it.