PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used new LCDs

stuuke
Jul 22, 2004, 10:30 PM
Has anyone got their new Apple LCD or seen one? Any thoughts, color callibration, clarity, response time etc..

stuuke
Jul 23, 2004, 09:59 AM
bump

Xenious
Jul 23, 2004, 10:21 AM
I don't have any scientific way to test the results so this is all observation. Note I am upgrading from an old 15" ibm flat panel so the differential is large.

I got my new 23" on tuesday and due to the fact that my G5 isn't shipping yet I hooked it up to my Windows box. I have to say the color, clarity and brightness is amazing. (I had to turn down the brightness.) I am not sure if it is attributed to the widescreen aspect or the resolution or the quality (likely all three), but the feeling i get was in line with the first time i watched an american football game in HD (seeing the grass, feeling like you were actually there). (I've got a wallpaper pic of the colleseum up right now and it looks like I'm looking at the real thing.)

For viewing angle, anywhere i look at the monitor from its the same. It almost makes it look like a poster on the display (thats how uniform the viewing angle is).

So far I've played UT2004 and Neverwinter (note again I'm on a Windows machine until my G5 arrives) and it looked good. I wasn't upgrading from a CRT so I can't compare there, but there was no blurring, etc.

Watching a DVD via windows media player was also good.

Overall I am very very impressed and pleased with the purchase. I can't imagine what it would be like with the 30". Probably unreal.
-jim

stuuke
Jul 24, 2004, 02:01 AM
thanks

Bhennies
Jul 24, 2004, 11:38 AM
they are amazing. I'm waiting on delivery for my 23" HD, and I got a chance to play arouind with one at the apple store- you should go check them out.

stuuke
Jul 24, 2004, 02:05 PM
Has there been any word on how well color callibrated these are? I know there are suppose to be some new LCD's released at the end of the year that match CRT's color gamut but working with photos alot it is a concern.