PDA

View Full Version : BCD2000 or Zoom G2.1 Connecting to a mac need help!

Mubanga
Oct 28, 2009, 06:43 AM
Hi I'm a new mac user and I'm a DJ. I have a behringer bcd2000 wich should be able to work as a external adio drive but it does not on mac. On the web people say it's imposible because there is no driver so I give up.

Anyway now I've found my old Zoom g2.1 guitar interface wich I could use as an external adio interface but i think I need some kind of asio program because it's not working plug and play. Is there anyone out there who knows a sulution?

thanks

ChrisA
Oct 28, 2009, 11:14 AM
Hi I'm a new mac user and I'm a DJ. I have a behringer bcd2000 wich should be able to work as a external adio drive but it does not on mac. On the web people say it's imposible because there is no driver so I give up.

Anyway now I've found my old Zoom g2.1 guitar interface wich I could use as an external adio interface but i think I need some kind of asio program because it's not working plug and play. Is there anyone out there who knows a sulution?

thanks

What are you trying to do? Simply get sound out of the Mac to a mixer or maybe you want to record something?

Are those typos? Maybe "asio" was intended to be audio.

Many USB audio device just plug in and work. If they are "class complient audio devices" then no special drivers or software is required. What happens when you plug it in. Does it show up at all in audio/midi setup?

Mubanga
Oct 28, 2009, 12:03 PM
What are you trying to do? Simply get sound out of the Mac to a mixer or maybe you want to record something?

Are those typos? Maybe "asio" was intended to be audio.

Many USB audio device just plug in and work. If they are "class complient audio devices" then no special drivers or software is required. What happens when you plug it in. Does it show up at all in audio/midi setup?

Wel what I'm trying to do is use the out put of my MBP and an other output on an usbdevice as different channels. But the best case scenerio would be as on windows where I use my bcd2000 digital mixer as a master output and a headphone output.

Asio is a name for a program witch can be used to get this result.

And it only shows up in my Audio/Midi setup when I use a program called. USB ADIO ASIO CODEC but that's a demo and to buy it is 55 dollar.