PDA

View Full Version : RAM upgrade clarification

ifjake
Jul 23, 2004, 06:03 AM
i think i may actually have a decent chunk of change left after paying my college bill, so i'm feeling out my options for a possible upgrade to my Ti Powerbook. that hitachi travelstar drive looks like a decent bet, but i was looking around for RAM and i can't find a clear answer. the apple store lists 512MB as the highest capacity module for my particular model, but it seems like there are 1GB ones out there. are those only for more recent models or can my FW400 DVI 1Ghz Ti handle it?

and just to be sure, i can upgrade RAM without any voiding of any warrenties, but for hard drives i need to find an apple tech guy. right?

Chip NoVaMac
Jul 23, 2004, 07:57 AM
i think i may actually have a decent chunk of change left after paying my college bill, so i'm feeling out my options for a possible upgrade to my Ti Powerbook. that hitachi travelstar drive looks like a decent bet, but i was looking around for RAM and i can't find a clear answer. the apple store lists 512MB as the highest capacity module for my particular model, but it seems like there are 1GB ones out there. are those only for more recent models or can my FW400 DVI 1Ghz Ti handle it?

and just to be sure, i can upgrade RAM without any voiding of any warrenties, but for hard drives i need to find an apple tech guy. right?

For RAM look at the Crucial and OWC sites and you'll see what can be added.

About the installation of RAM and HDD you are right.