PDA

View Full Version : Survived 1st Year of Marriage!

bcsimac
Jul 23, 2004, 09:50 AM
I happy to say that I survived my first year of marriage. My macs also survived LOL! Man, I am so glad OS X is here! Now my biggest task is to survive finances and the prison where I work. :)

Abstract
Jul 23, 2004, 10:00 AM
Wow, that's a big feat. Some celebrities have multiple marriages in their lifetime that don't last a total of over 1 year.

dvdh
Jul 23, 2004, 10:49 AM
Congratulations

It gets even better from there . . . (of course at married for 2.5 years, I am only speaking from a bit of experience)

sushi
Jul 23, 2004, 11:44 AM
I happy to say that I survived my first year of marriage. My macs also survived LOL! Man, I am so glad OS X is here! Now my biggest task is to survive finances and the prison where I work. :)
Congrats!

Hope that it continues to keep getting better for you and the Mrs.

Sushi

JFreak
Jul 23, 2004, 11:53 AM
i hope it survives many more years, too ;)

michaelrjohnson
Jul 23, 2004, 12:28 PM
Congratulations! I wish you all the best!

rueyeet
Jul 23, 2004, 12:55 PM
Happy Anniversary! Keep up the good work! :D

wdlove
Jul 23, 2004, 02:02 PM
Happy 1st Wedding Anniversary bcsimac. I wish you many more happy years. Any special plans to celebrate this occasion.

http://images.animationfactory.com/animations/web_text_t_z/valentine_hearts/happy_anniversary/happy_anniversary_lg_wm.gif

http://images.animationfactory.com/animations/web_text_e_g/flowerbanner/anniversary/anniversary_lg_wm.gif

Doctor Q
Jul 23, 2004, 02:13 PM
My macs also survived LOL!Do you have his and hers Macs?

Tremaine
Jul 23, 2004, 03:47 PM
Happy Anniversary! First year is easy - work hard and make it last!

pivo6
Jul 23, 2004, 05:35 PM
Congratulations! As someone who has been married for fourteen years (this October), let me tell you that it doesn't get any easier, but it does get better.

mactastic
Jul 25, 2004, 10:21 AM
Congrats man. My 4-year is coming up in 4 days. Unfortunately any celebration will have to be put off for a while because of family functions and the small issue of us moving. :(

Anyway, enjoy it and hopefully there will be many more years for you two.

jimjiminyjim
Jul 25, 2004, 12:19 PM
Congrats! My wife and I have our one year anniversary August 9th. Any good first year anniversary present ideas out there (besides Apple products, which my wife calls my "mistress")?

PalmHarborTchr
Jul 25, 2004, 04:45 PM
A bit of advice........watch her eating or watch her butt get big, big, bigger.

Women love to eat.....they are obsessed with food. don't let your woman

snack..........lock the box. Be a man...tell her she can not get fat

and keep you too.

kaylie_kipe
Aug 1, 2004, 05:49 PM
I can't wait for mine and my boyfriends 1 year anniversary, it's on August 8th. It's a little different though because we're dating not married. But we have that kind of commitment to each other. I agree, I need anniversary present ideas...he won't tell me anything to buy him!

PalmHarborTchr
Aug 1, 2004, 05:59 PM
Send him a nice card with a promise that you will never, ever

tell your girlfriends about your sex life with him nor will you ever

complain about him to them or share information that is not their

business...........That would be a gift that most women would never

offer.

Roger1
Aug 1, 2004, 06:14 PM
My thirteenth is coming up in a month. Thirteen loooong, miserable years. ;)

MongoTheGeek
Aug 1, 2004, 08:34 PM
My thirteenth is coming up in a month. Thirteen loooong, miserable years. ;)

I've been married for 6 years. I told my wife a bit ago that these were some of the worst years of my life. Then I explained to her that she made them bearable. I've been through a lot the last few years and she helped me through it.

:)

Its great to have a wife who when you tell her these have been the most miserable years of your life that she understands.

virividox
Aug 1, 2004, 09:06 PM
congratulations!!!

evilgEEk
Aug 1, 2004, 09:16 PM
Congrats!

I've only got 3+ years under my belt so I'm no expert, but it will only get better with time!

Here's to a long, happy marriage!

:D

Roger1
Aug 2, 2004, 07:23 PM
I've been married for 6 years. I told my wife a bit ago that these were some of the worst years of my life. Then I explained to her that she made them bearable. I've been through a lot the last few years and she helped me through it.

:)

Its great to have a wife who when you tell her these have been the most miserable years of your life that she understands.

That's really cool. The loong miserable years thing is a running joke, that has been going on for thirteen loong miserable years. I even have her doing it now :) Unless she means it :eek:

FriarTuck
Aug 2, 2004, 07:51 PM
Congrats!

My wife and I will hit 12 yrs in less than a week, and later this year will mark 19 years as a couple.

I disagree with the suggestion that the first year is easy. Just recognize that "the two of you" is now an entity beyond either one of you, and make sure you put "the two of you" before yourself whenever possible.

Trivia: Like the losing VP candidate and his wife, we had our wedding night meal at Wendy's (after the reception was long over).

Unlike the losing VP candidate, I have not become a multimillionaire via junk science.

:p

yellow
Aug 2, 2004, 08:03 PM
I've been married 73D:5H:33M:39S, but who is counting?

fartheststar
Aug 2, 2004, 08:04 PM
Congrats!
Trivia: Like the losing VP candidate and his wife, we had our wedding night meal at Wendy's (after the reception was long over).

Unlike the losing VP candidate, I have not become a multimillionaire via junk science.

:p

The democrats will not lose, so help the world.

bcsimac
Aug 9, 2004, 03:00 PM
wdlove,

Thanks! Yes, we had special plans. We went back to Gatlinburg where we got married. Unfortunately, going both to Gatlinburg, TN and Springfield, MO was financial murder. Hence, the statement, now if I can only survive our finances. We did, however, have a good time at Dollywood and Laura Ingalls Wilder home.

Happy 1st Wedding Anniversary bcsimac. I wish you many more happy years. Any special plans to celebrate this occasion.

http://images.animationfactory.com/animations/web_text_t_z/valentine_hearts/happy_anniversary/happy_anniversary_lg_wm.gif

http://images.animationfactory.com/animations/web_text_e_g/flowerbanner/anniversary/anniversary_lg_wm.gif

bcsimac
Aug 9, 2004, 03:04 PM
Doctor Q,

No, that is why I said thank goodness for MacOS X. My wife uses my iMac. She has a tendency to hog it too!:)

Do you have his and hers Macs?

bcsimac
Aug 9, 2004, 03:09 PM
Man, I don't know of any good ideas. I bought my wife a deep carpet cleaner steamer. She bought a string bikini swimsuit which she wore in the jacuzzi while we were in Gatlinburg. She bought another outfit.....but I am not saying what for. Hey, I understand about wives thinking Apple stuff is our "mistress" or "god" or "fetish". My wife thinks it is an addiction for me. LOL!:)

Congrats! My wife and I have our one year anniversary August 9th. Any good first year anniversary present ideas out there (besides Apple products, which my wife calls my "mistress")?