PDA

View Full Version : Selling PowerMac G4 MDD - whole or in parts?

BenLava
Oct 28, 2009, 10:23 PM
I am planning to retire and sell my old 1GHz MDD Powermac G4, after my parents finally got sick of it freezing (in retrospect, I'd purchased a lemon, but I was so used to crashes that I didn't realize it until it was too late :o).

In any case, I am wondering if I should put it up for sale whole on ebay or if I should sell the individual components separately? I have a feeling that selling the components will maximize my $.

Any thoughts?

OrangeSVTguy
Oct 29, 2009, 04:44 PM
I am planning to retire and sell my old 1GHz MDD Powermac G4, after my parents finally got sick of it freezing (in retrospect, I'd purchased a lemon, but I was so used to crashes that I didn't realize it until it was too late :o).

In any case, I am wondering if I should put it up for sale whole on ebay or if I should sell the individual components separately? I have a feeling that selling the components will maximize my $.

Any thoughts?

Sell it for parts. You will get the most money from the power supply unit. Probably more for just that than the whole system as a whole. Take it out and throw it up on ebay. People still pay a premium for working MDD PSUs. Then pitch the rest up on craigslist for $50-$75 for a quick sale.

BenLava
Oct 29, 2009, 06:02 PM
Sell it for parts. You will get the most money from the power supply unit. Probably more for just that than the whole system as a whole. Take it out and throw it up on ebay. People still pay a premium for working MDD PSUs. Then pitch the rest up on craigslist for $50-$75 for a quick sale.

Thanks! :)