Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NoisyDude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2009
Hi!

If I reset to factory settings my :apple:TV will I get to keep content I have purchased in the past like movies? I understand that I will be able to re-sync all my playlists and photos.

I currently have an ATV that is sync-ed to a Mac, so I see the content that I purchased on my ATV in my Mac. I have also tried out Boxee and one other similar product (the name escapes me :rolleyes:), but I want to get rid of them as they really don't work... at least not for me.

Thanks!

BoulderBum

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2008
Note that you'll probably reset everything to 1.0 firmware, so you'll have to download latest again (that's what happened when I reset mine, anyway).

pjarvi

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2006
Clovis, CA
Yup, make sure everything, and I do mean Everything, is stored on your Mac. I've seen some people report that not everything was syncing back to their Mac after iTunes 9 came out.

The factory reset will wipe the drive and reload the AppleTV with the original firmware that your unit shipped with (1.x or 2.x). After that's done you can run Update from the General settings menu to update it to 3.0.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.