PDA

View Full Version : Rev B. G5 1.8 and Radeon 9800XT versus Mounting Icons

risc
Jul 23, 2004, 06:41 PM
Sorry about the weird title, and I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I've just purchased a Rev B. G5 1.8, 2GB RAM, 256MB Radeon 9800XT (BTO) and sometimes when I try to mount a CD/DVD, network share, disk image, etc I don't get an icon on the desktop even though it's mounted in /Volumes. I was cruising the `net a few days back and I read something about this (it had to do with video cards with 256MB of RAM or more) but for the life of me I can't find it in my history, I didn't book mark it, and google isn't helping. IIRC the article said this would hopefully be fixed in 10.3.5. Does anyone have any information on this, or even a fix? I've been looking for a while now and I'm completely lost.

Cheers.

javabear90
Jul 23, 2004, 06:49 PM
go to Finder > Prefrences> and then show on desktop and there the checkboxes should be checked under show things on desktop.

risc
Jul 23, 2004, 06:55 PM
This is the first thing I checked. Maybe I didn't make it clear enough but the icons sometimes turn up on the desktop, sometimes they don't. This is exactly what the article I read was talking about, I read it before I got my G5 (I got it y'day) and I just can't seem to find it in Safaris history on my iBook.

risc
Oct 16, 2004, 06:26 PM
// See topic

MacsRgr8
Oct 17, 2004, 07:42 AM
// See topic

Good to know.
Tnx for reporting that. :)