PDA

View Full Version : I just bought an Epson 4000

evoluzione
Jul 23, 2004, 07:02 PM
I did it! i got one! these things are going like hot cakes at the moment, if you can find one...

i'm taking delivery of it when i move in a few days, the thing ships on a pallet so there's no point in me getting it delivered only to have to load on the truck again.

i'll let you all know what it's like, i'll be hooking it up to a "best" rip and i'm expecting great things from it i can tell ya! just wait 'til i get my 10D mkII (7D or whatever it will be called)

:D :D :D

bousozoku
Jul 23, 2004, 07:19 PM
I liked the 3000 a lot, so I expect the 4000 will be that much better--and space efficient.

Thomas Veil
Jul 23, 2004, 07:44 PM
(Raises his cross and garlic at the mention of the word "Epson")

evoluzione
Jul 23, 2004, 07:52 PM

yeah i know, they still can't get the paper feed amongst other thigns right after all this time, my 960 decided to stop liking roll paper the other day, but there's n odenying that the results from the "pro" line are phenomenal

MrMacMan
Jul 24, 2004, 12:37 AM
My Epson, I killed it, after it printed a Page, The word document was only 3 lines long, so what did it do?

It kept repeating over and over and over.

After taking a shower I had 20 pages of 3 LINES, but no, each page had 100 lines, and it ate all my ink.

AHHHHHHHH. :mad: :mad:

bousozoku
Jul 24, 2004, 12:45 AM
yeah i know, they still can't get the paper feed amongst other thigns right after all this time, my 960 decided to stop liking roll paper the other day, but there's n odenying that the results from the "pro" line are phenomenal

It's amazing what the 3000 did with 1440 dpi. I usually buy the office model printers because they work a bit better and they're more sturdy, like the SC 900 or CX6400 at my side are. When Epson made dot matrix printers, I wouldn't touch them. :D

I keep looking at the Canon i9900 as a photographic printer but I could use a PostScript printer, as well, for those other proofs.

blackfox
Jul 24, 2004, 02:11 AM
evo, what made you choose the Epson over say, the Canon w2200 or the HP DJ130 ( I believe those are the closest competitors) ? I must admit, any of these printers are out of my league, but doesn't Epson make you pay through the nose for ink? Not a small issue when you are dealing with a printer in the class you have purchased...

Anyway, just wondering...I am a Canon loyalist myself, I freely admit...

Chip NoVaMac
Jul 24, 2004, 06:51 AM
Congrats on snagging one. I have heard they are hard to come by.

Now if Epson will release that new film scanner here in the US :)