PDA

View Full Version : How many thread subscriptions do you have?

Doctor Q
Jul 23, 2004, 08:18 PM
This question is probably only of interest to long-time members, so I put it here in the MacRumors Old Skool forum.

If you click "User CP" and then "List Subscriptions", how many thread subscriptions do you have listed? (I think you can also shortcut the process by clicking here (http://forums.macrumors.com/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription).)

Do you ever clean them out?

My answers: 1770 and yes.

vniow
Jul 23, 2004, 08:27 PM
Zero.

King Cobra
Jul 23, 2004, 09:10 PM
Zero. I don't like the idea of getting notified through email or through my CP about updates to a thread. If I'm interested to see what's been updated (which I usually am), then I'll go there and check. Otherwise, all the email/CP notifications seem like a priority. Besides, to me, it's a little tedious to click on the subscribe to thread link for every thread I want updated, and even IF I did use subscriptions, my inbox would eventually fill up with subscribed threads crap. To me, it's not worth the extra few seconds to click the subscribe link.

Furthermore, I have a link in my browser that goes straight to my profile so I can click on the "Search all posts by this user" to find out where my last posts were. The added benefit to that is: The mailbox icon beside each entry changes to a full mailbox icon when someone has replied, so I know what threads have and haven't been updated.

Doctor Q
Jul 23, 2004, 09:31 PM
How interesting. I assumed most of you used subscriptions. I clean mine up now and then, but I always save the one from the geek thread as a souvenir, since you can't get back a subscription to a closed thread once you delete it. :)

jefhatfield
Jul 24, 2004, 12:39 AM
used to take the local paper, but now i get my news online from different sources

i get microsoft certified professional online
microsoft tech net developer news online
macworld (as a gift) every year
news from my old college online plus magazine (hard copy)
nyu online and hard copy

and it's all free...the price i like the best ;)

Durandal7
Jul 24, 2004, 02:12 AM
None, they're ****.

MacsRgr8
Aug 13, 2004, 04:39 PM
Hmm.. gotta clear 'em out...

edesignuk
Aug 13, 2004, 04:57 PM
zip, didily, nada, none...

Doctor Q
Aug 13, 2004, 05:23 PM
Hmm.. gotta clear 'em out...Maybe you should save them in case there is ever a million subscription contest.

Laslo Panaflex
Aug 13, 2004, 05:26 PM
None here either, in fact, all I mostly do is go straight to the new posts, read those.

Capt Underpants
Aug 13, 2004, 06:14 PM
Don't know if I qualify as "old school" (I don't think I do), but I have 138 threads in my subscriptions list. I do clean them out every once in a while. I have is set so that every thread I post in gets added to my subscriptions list, but I don't get an email.

edesignuk
Aug 13, 2004, 06:27 PM
None here either, in fact, all I mostly do is go straight to the new posts, read those.heh, that is all I ever do. I couldn't live* without the new posts button.

* Maybe a slight exaggeration.

job
Aug 13, 2004, 08:57 PM
I don't use thread subscriptions.

Any thread that's important or funny enough, I'll likely remember the title and where it was anyways.

Dale Sorel
Aug 14, 2004, 03:33 PM

Macmaniac
Aug 24, 2004, 07:19 AM
None, with all the posting that goes on in the forums your mailbox would get swamped!

Rower_CPU
Aug 24, 2004, 10:58 AM
2800+ and yes, I clean them out occasionally.

And yes, my inbox gets a workout everyday. :eek:

Mr. Anderson
Aug 24, 2004, 11:20 AM
0 - requires too much maintenance :D

Although, if there is one thread I'm particularly interested in, I'll subscribe. But I haven't done that in months.

D

Capt Underpants
Aug 24, 2004, 05:39 PM
Why don't you just subscribe without an email notification, where your inbox won't get full? Just check in the UserCP... That's what I do.