Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sphoenix

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
I've tried running the simplest games like Unreal Tournament (99 edition) and it actually performs slightly worse than with Fusion 2. The main reason I waited for Fusion 3's release was so my 3D-intense applications like 3DS Max would run more smoothly and I could just finish uni work at home, but I've tried it and what do you now, no improvement in performance. Lots of jitters when moving objects and creating animation.

I was wondering if maybe the problem is my Mac, it's from 2006. 3GB ram and ICD 2.0GHz processor but I've shared half the ram with Fusion, I don't see anything there that could be the issue. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

eji

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2004
INW
Have you updated VMware Tools within the virtual OS and then rebooted?

For some odd reason, after upgrading to Fusion 3 I had to update VMware Tools twice (both times Tools flagged the available update with the little triangular yellow exclamation mark) within Windows 7 beta before I could take advantage of the Aero effects.

Haven't tried any games on it yet, though. Ordinary use does seem quite a bit faster in all my virtual OSs: Ubuntu, XP, and 7.

sphoenix

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
Exactly, the OS is much speedier (running XP) but the only graphics advantage I seem to have is setting the resolution a few hundred pixels higher. I'll try updating VMware Tools when I get home.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.