Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

txr0ckabilly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 21, 2008
Southwest Louisiana
I'm thinking of buying a new ATV and giving my kids the old one. I've never been one to sync anything but photos. Will both units be able to stream from the same libray/computer at the same time without stutters/skips over an N network? Or will I need to set them up to sync? Is the streaming network dependant or computer/processor dependant?

Thanks

ladysman

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
I'm thinking of buying a new ATV and giving my kids the old one. I've never been one to sync anything but photos. Will both units be able to stream from the same libray/computer at the same time without stutters/skips over an N network? Or will I need to set them up to sync? Is the streaming network dependant or computer/processor dependant?

Thanks

I do this without issue on a FLashed linksys G router playing 2 blu rays at once. :D

mhdena

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2009
I don't know about streaming but i have 2 ATVs synced to itunes in my imac.

rayward

macrumors 68000
Mar 13, 2007
Houston, TX
You can stream to two ATVs at the same time from on iTunes library. I recently upgraded from one to two ATVs, then two to four. I deliberately set one streaming and went and started streaming the same movie from another. Worked fine.

FWIW, in the above experiment, one ATV was connected via ethernet and one via wi-fi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.