PDA

View Full Version : iPod battery question

BeanTownBrawler
Jul 23, 2004, 11:08 PM
I think I posted this in the wrong forums before:

I was just told that you are supposed to charge your ipod immedietly when you get if for a few hours to increase battery life. When I got it, the first thing I did was turn it on, look it over and then put on my songs. I then used it right away on low battery. Will this hurt my battery in the long run? Should I return it for a new one while I can?

Fuchal
Jul 23, 2004, 11:25 PM
I think I posted this in the wrong forums before:

I was just told that you are supposed to charge your ipod immedietly when you get if for a few hours to increase battery life. When I got it, the first thing I did was turn it on, look it over and then put on my songs. I then used it right away on low battery. Will this hurt my battery in the long run? Should I return it for a new one while I can?

No. Just charge it.

Dr. Dastardly
Jul 24, 2004, 12:01 AM
All lot of "advice" gets thrown around and the words get all twisted. True it is a good idea to power it up when you first get it to get an accurate reading of the battery life, and true using your ipod until its dead over a period of time shortens the battery life.

Will not charging your ipod as soon as you take it out of the box kill your battery life so far as to 5 minutes of use a charge? No.

No worries, your fine.

Island Roots
Jul 24, 2004, 03:15 PM
Here's a helpful page explaining some facts about the iPod batteries:

http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipods.html