Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

willtj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Hi.

Ive tried looking all over and am totaly confused with what works with what and how to do it.

Im looking at installing windows 7 x64 on either the lower spec 13inch macbook pro, or the lower spec 21.5inch imac.

Installing windows 7 itself is so easy, but how do i get the drivers installed and which work?

I no i should use the bootcamp drivers for vista off of the OS X disk but is it as simple as inserting the disk, navigating to the folder and running whatever?

and does everything work for both the systems i mentioned? including sound etc and if not, how do i get it to work?

Thanks.

numbersyx

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
The drivers are the same as the ones used for Vista - found on the SL disk. Install Windows 7 via Boot Camp and then insert the SL disk and run the .exe file in Windows.
Everything works (Did it myself a week ago).

Tobler51

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2008
I've got a late08 MBP....the last time i've installed Windows 7 x64 (SL bootcamp) i've got errors on the flow....

Bluescreen, Freezes...

Im used to get the latest drivers - so i'd like to install latest nvidia drivers, but i've heard they doesn't work correctly...

So what kind of videodriver do i have to install instead...(do i need rivatuner?)

and i'd like to install latest broadcom driver (aka 5.3?) should be no problem, right?

anything else i need to update?

tech0925

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2009
Hello:

You can can also download the drivers by inserting you leopard disk on windows. Just select the device, update driver and browse locations, pick the CD Drive, and update.

You may still have problems with the sound as I did; however, I am using a new Imac and downloaded the sound driver from RealTek. I dunno if that is what driver you will need or not. Im not familiar with the laptop u have.

Hope this helped.

Tobler51

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2008
Hello:

You can can also download the drivers by inserting you leopard disk on windows. Just select the device, update driver and browse locations, pick the CD Drive, and update.

You may still have problems with the sound as I did; however, I am using a new Imac and downloaded the sound driver from RealTek. I dunno if that is what driver you will need or not. Im not familiar with the laptop u have.

Hope this helped.

o_O i'd like to install the latest drivers, not the 10 year old bootcamp drivers...

installed latest nvidia drivers and got 2 bluescreens (1 while gaming, and 1 while surfing in the internet)

so i guess, they didn't work -.-

edit: HAHAHA WTF! did a fresh install of win 7, installed SL bootcamp and started playing a game.....BLUESCREEN wtf is going on?!?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.