PDA

View Full Version : Multiple ipods on one mac

maclamb
Jul 24, 2004, 09:27 AM
Doe sanyone know how to setup itunes so that I can use it with my ipod as wellas my wife's mini? Is there aspecial playlist I can create for each and use that for the specific ipod? or do I have to create separate accounts and each has to have their own copy of the music files - or can the second account just have a link to the shared music files?

Vector
Jul 24, 2004, 10:23 AM
Doe sanyone know how to setup itunes so that I can use it with my ipod as wellas my wife's mini? Is there aspecial playlist I can create for each and use that for the specific ipod? or do I have to create separate accounts and each has to have their own copy of the music files - or can the second account just have a link to the shared music files?

I have mine set up so that it auto-syncs my larger ipod and lets me manually add things to my other ipod mini. All you have to do to change it from automatic to manual is connect the ipod mini, select it in itunes, and then click the ipod button in the lower right hand corner and select manual update.