Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brother Michael

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
How well the iBook hold up as far as cosmetic scratches/damage? I mean does the case easily scratch or is it pretty tough?

Mike

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I don't have one, but from lots of other posts, I've learned that they don't scratch all that easily - pretty much as easily as an iPod, since I think it's the same material, and that the various products which remove iPod scratches will remove iBook scratches.

Whigga Spitta

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2004
Can you say Chi-City??
It seems that on Radtech's website, they explain that ScreenSaverz can actually remove (small) scratches from Powerbooks...has anyone had any experience with this product? I really don't care about the little cosmetic blemishes, but I was considering getting ScreenSaverz anyway.

jcook793

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
My iBook gets little surface scratches, but nothing you can really see unless you look extremely close. I might try to use that Ice Creme stuff that RadTech sells to make it extra shiny before I sell it (the first update after Tiger comes out, that's my plan). But I've had the iBook for over 7 months now and it looks almost brand new.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.