Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

odej98

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
A friend of mine has a pretty generic website and she asked for my help on how to improve it. I took this as an opportunity to completely redesign her homepage and play with iWeb for the first time as well. I am not concerned about any ip infringements and willfully would give her the homepage to base the rest of her site off of (she absolutely loves it btw). My question is, how do I take the page I created with iWeb and export it in a manner so she can open, modify, and complete the site that I had started?

pol0001

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2008
London
Just copy the following file onto her Mac. (after she opened iWeb at least once)

User --> Library --> Application Support --> iWeb --> Domain

iWeb saves the entire Website in this file. It is generated when iWeb opens for the first time. Just replace her "Domain" file with yours and restart iWeb at her Mac.

PM me if you have any questions.

odej98

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
I forgot to mention that she is using frontpage. I know, I know, why do we have have to trade in simplicity and elegance to cater to a windows crowd?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.