Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
coverac.jpg

Forza Motorsport 3 : Photo Mode Thread

Forza Motorsport 3 was released this week for the Xbox 360. Aside from being an amazing racing game, it also has a very robust photo mode. At any time when driving or watching a replay, you can pause and enter Photo Mode. The options and adjustments available lend themselves to making some great photos. I am by no means a great photographer, but I can try. And this mode lends itself well to just experimenting. So, I thought I'd make a thread and show some of the pics I've done. And if anyone else has the game and would like to join in, feel free.

Bugatti Veyron at the Nürburging
bugattiveyronnrb2.jpg

BMW M5 on the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca
m5corkscrew1.jpg

Ferrari Enzo at Fujimi Kaido
enzofk1.jpg

Corvette C6.R at Le Mans
c6rmulsanne1.jpg

Bentley Speed 8 on the Mulsanne Straight at Le Mans
bentleyspeed8mulsanne1b.jpg

Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa at Amalfi Coast
250testarossa2.jpg

Subaru WRX STi on 2 wheels at Sebring
stion2wheels.jpg

BMW M5 leading a Porsche 911 Turbo and 911 GT3 at Camino Viejo
bmwm52.jpg

Lotus Exige Cup 240 at Camino Viejo
lotusexigecup2401.jpg

lotusexigecup2402.jpg

lotusexigecup2404.jpg

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
Didn't or doesn't gran turismo have something like this also?
Yes, GT4 has a photo mode. It has been some years since I played it, so I don't honestly remember how in-depth it was. But I do remember taking pictures. I have GT5 Prologue as well, but I can't remember if it has a photo mode. I didn't play it much. The full version of GT5 will have a photo mode when it comes out at some point next year.
Do you have to have xbox live to post them?
Yes, you do need Xbox Live Gold to get the pics. You can take the photos in game without Gold, and view them whenever you like in the game. But, in order to get them on your computer, you have to save them to your "Storefront" in the game. This uploads them to the Forza servers. Then, when you go to forzamotorsport.net and log in you can go to the "My Forza" section and download them from there. This is the same for videos as well.
Yes, but you can save them to your Xbox HD and copy them to a USB drive.
This is not true. The Xbox won't let you save game data to and from a USB device. I wish you could do this, because it would simplify the process greatly. But, that isn't the case. Saving the pictures and videos to the Forza servers is the only way to get them.

If the game had a way to save the pictures and videos to the general "Pictures" and "Videos" sections of the Xbox memory, what you suggest might possibly work. But, these items are treated as "game data" by the Xbox, and thus can't be transfered off the console to anything but a memory unit or Xbox HDD.

littleman23408

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Yes, you do need Xbox Live Gold to get the pics. You can take the photos in game without Gold, and view them whenever you like in the game. But, in order to get them on your computer, you have to save them to your "Storefront" in the game. This uploads them to the Forza servers. Then, when you go to forzamotorsport.net and log in you can go to the "My Forza" section and download them from there. This is the same for videos as well.

This is not true. The Xbox won't let you save game data to and from a USB device. I wish you could do this, because it would simplify the process greatly. But, that isn't the case. Saving the pictures and videos to the Forza servers is the only way to get them.

Well darn, I guess I won't be able to post them :(

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
Well darn, I guess I won't be able to post them :(
Yea, it does suck. I really do wish it was as easy as he suggested. It would be great. But since that is the way the Xbox handles its data, sending these things to the Forza servers is the only way. And in order to have access to the Forza servers, you need Gold. :(

littleman23408

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Well thats a bugger.

Another thought: Maybe we should start something where we pick a car and a track and see who can get the fastest time over the span of a week. Winner picks next set of the track and car?

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
Instead of just taking pics of some random cars from the game, today I figured I'd try and recreate some of the cars of some Macrumors members. So, using a couple cars and pictures from this thread...

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/627003/

...I got to work. Given the options available in the game, I think a few of them turned out pretty awesome.

First up is radiantm3's amazing BMW 135i. I tried to recreate a couple pics he's posted. The wheels are slightly off, but they are as close as I can get in the game.

The first one was just a vague replication, but the feeling is the same...

radiantm3
3926648835_f99d978ab4_b.jpg

Forza 3
bmw135i3.jpg

The next one I tried to recreate one of his pics exactly. Or, at least as close as I could come...

radiantm3
3978932437_c624da3874_b.jpg

Forza 3
bmw135i1.jpg

The last one was just a cool spot, so I took a pic...

Forza 3
bmw135i2.jpg

Next up, I took some pics of a red Nissan 370Z like Educ8r owns. He posted this first pic today, so I started with recreating that...

Educ8r
20091101-xw6n7uw353jh4shi3ambsc2qtd.jpg

Forza 3
nissan370z3.jpg

The last couple were just some cool pics from the New York track location in the game. It makes for some amazing pics...

Forza 3
nissan370z1.jpg

nissan370z2.jpg

cantthinkofone

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2004
Missouri, USA
I'd like to get F3 but i'm not done with F2 yet....I was hoping they would wait another year to release the next one. I never have time to finish games.

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
I'd like to get F3 but i'm not done with F2 yet....I was hoping they would wait another year to release the next one. I never have time to finish games.
I hear ya. I made it all the way through the career mode in F2, but I didn't get all of the achievements. That stupid "1,000,000 Online Credits" one was killing me. :mad:

But really, you should just move on. Forza 3 is so much better than F2 ever was. Once you play F3, you will quickly forget all about F2. :D

Andy348

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2009
Montreal
I'm getting this game on my birthday... too bad its the 22nd.

The urge to go out and buy it just for a turbo'd E30 M3 is almost unbearable, honestly.

The E60M3 is soo sexy, and the California... jeez. I can't wait to get my hands on this!

lucky for me it'll be coming with a 24" HD monitor xD

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
any way the Forza 3 screenshots could be wallpaper size? some of those are really cool
I have all of them in their native 1280x720 resolution. Do you have any specific ones you want?
gt 5. all i gotta say lol
Oh, I will be getting GT5 when it comes out as well. But, it will take a lot for that game to top Forza 3. I used to be a diehard GT fan. But lately the games have just become so boring. The graphics are unmatched, but the GAME part of it just lacks enjoyment for me. I like racing, not collecting hundreds of cars like Pokemon. But, that's just me.
I'm getting this game on my birthday... too bad its the 22nd.

The urge to go out and buy it just for a turbo'd E30 M3 is almost unbearable, honestly.

The E60M3 is soo sexy, and the California... jeez. I can't wait to get my hands on this!

lucky for me it'll be coming with a 24" HD monitor xD
OK, so I have a request for the E30 M3 and the Ferrari California, got it. Anything else? I can get pics of any car in the game. They are all unlocked when you start, so I can do photo mode with any of them. Just let me know if there is any others you'd like to see.

smwatson

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
London, England
Anyone got pictures of the Alfa Guilia? Curious about how well they've recreated it..

I might buy an X360 pretty much just for this game.

Andy348

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2009
Montreal
I have all of them in their native 1280x720 resolution. Do you have any specific ones you want?

Oh, I will be getting GT5 when it comes out as well. But, it will take a lot for that game to top Forza 3. I used to be a diehard GT fan. But lately the games have just become so boring. The graphics are unmatched, but the GAME part of it just lacks enjoyment for me. I like racing, not collecting hundreds of cars like Pokemon. But, that's just me.

OK, so I have a request for the E30 M3 and the Ferrari California, got it. Anything else? I can get pics of any car in the game. They are all unlocked when you start, so I can do photo mode with any of them. Just let me know if there is any others you'd like to see.

E60 M5??? :)

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
Anyone got pictures of the Alfa Guilia? Curious about how well they've recreated it...
I will take some tomorrow. It looks great, btw.
I might buy an X360 pretty much just for this game.
If you are a fan of anything automotive, it would be well worth it in my opinion.
E60 M5??? :)
Here is the first few I took of the one from my career mode earlier. But, as with the Alfa requested, I will take some more tomorrow.

Click for 720p
bmwm52.jpg

bmwm51.jpg

m5suzuka1.jpg

m5corkscrew1.jpg

Here are a few more pics that I worked on tonight. A few requested cars from earlier, and a couple other goodies...

BMW M3 E30 at Laguna Seca
bmwm3e301.jpg

BMW M3 E30 at Laguna Seca
bmwm3e302.jpg

BMW M3 E30 entering the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca
bmwm3e303.jpg

BMW M3 E30 entering the Carousel at the Nürburgring
bmwm3e304.jpg

BMW M3 E30 at the Nürburgring
bmwm3e305.jpg

Lexus IS-F at Fujimi Kaido
lexusisf1.jpg

Lexus IS-F at Fujimi Kaido
lexusisf2u.jpg

Ferrari California at Mugello
ferraricalifornia2.jpg

ferraricalifornia3.jpg

ferraricalifornia1.jpg

Porsche Carrera GT at Catalunya
porschecarreragt1.jpg

porschecarreragt2.jpg

porschecarreragt3.jpg

porschecarreragt4.jpg

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
London
Some of the best I've seen are made by stitching multiple shots in Photoshop.

Here are a couple from another forum I'm on (not my own):

dqknb4.jpg

r2qkab.jpg

SevenInchScrew

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Omaha
Here are my pics from tonight. I took some of the requested Alfa and the E60 M5, with a few of the sweet Aston DBR9 as well....

Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA at Maple Valley
alfagta1.jpg

Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA at Maple Valley
alfagta2.jpg

Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA at Amalfi Coast
alfagta3.jpg

Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA at Amalfi Coast
alfagta4.jpg

BMW M5 E60 at Sebring
m54u.jpg

BMW M5 E60 at Sebring
m53.jpg

BMW M5 E60 at Sebring
m52y.jpg

BMW M5 E60 at Sebring
m51.jpg

Aston Martin DBR9 at Road Atlanta
dbr91.jpg

dbr92.jpg

dbr93.jpg

dbr94.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.