Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flip3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Hello,

I have one IMAP email account and setup various email aliases. I used for each alias also a sender name. I tried to setup different sender email addresses and names in Apple Mail but did not succeed.

I was only able to add a comma separate list o email addresses to one account but not different sender names for each email address.

Can someone help with this issue?

Many thanks,

Philip

BTW, I also can't setup different accounts for each email address because they share the same IMAP Mail Server with the same account username and password.

spice weasel

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2003
You're trying to send an email to multiple recipients? Just enter the name or the address, then hit return. Mail.app will put the recipient's address in a blue oval bubble and let you enter the next one.

Is this what you are asking about?

flip3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Thanks for your answer, Spice. However I'm not referring to the recipient addresses but the sender addresses which I can select from the drop-down for the "FROM" field. I can select different email addresses but how can I add a different sender name for each email address though they use all the same account?

In Mail > Preferences > Accounts I can comma separate the email addresses but it doesn't work to comma separate sender names.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.