Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChasePaisley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
Southern California
I have been really frustrated lately about my copy of COD4's performance (NO BOOTCAMP) on my MacBook Pro 13" 2.53 GHz. It has the 9400m card in it (which is decent...) and lately the SP version has been running at maxed out settings with about 10-15 FPS on average, while in MP the same settings will be completely maxed and it'll be running at about 50-60 FPS. Why the incredible difference?! I know that I am pushing the limits with the SP settings because the game has to process the AI and stuff, but with these specs shouldn't I be getting more than that?

Model Name:​
MacBook Pro
Model Identifier:​
MacBookPro5,5
Processor Name:​
Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed:​
2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors:​
Total Number Of Cores:​
L2 Cache:​
3 MB
Memory:​
4 GB
Bus Speed:​
1.07 GHz

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
That is very strange. Usually it's vice versa because network and ping limits FPS. You have the Mac version, right? That may be the cause because they simply suck.

ChasePaisley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
Southern California
I can completely understand having to process AI, but there must be SOME hidden process for there to be a 30 FPS difference!
(Yes, I have the Mac version)

zao8350

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2009
i have the MBP with the 9600m and i get around 40 fps in multiplayer with the settings jacked, it slows down a little when there are big firefights. in singleplayer with the same settings it is definitely slower. i don't think it is 10fps slow but it is significant. i don't know what the problem is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.