Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sttim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2009
For a few years i been trying to make my projects on dvd in 5.1 surround but between the manuals and the things i reached online i just feel im going in circles can anyone help

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
For a few years i been trying to make my projects on dvd in 5.1 surround but between the manuals and the things i reached online i just feel im going in circles can anyone help

Certainly can be done. But you need to supply a lot more detail.
What kinds of sounds are you mixing? Is this a full up video soundtrack with backing music dialog and FX? What are the sources?
What software do you have and what's you budget.

sttim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2009
5.1 Test

well i have 8mm recorder and tapes the out put is the y adapter my recording device for my mac is called plexter convert x pvr with the eye tv software

As a test so as not to accidentally delete anything i recorded a tv show edited out the commercials and been trying to make that dolby d since the input is the same if i can do that i can do the 8mm as well if i can't get that to if i can't get that on a DVD and play in surround sound i don't see how ill get one of the big ones then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.