Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macman1993

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
Hey I was wondering, is there any way to put the content from a webclip onto a website? For example if I wanted to make a webclip of a users most recently uploaded youtube videos could I then embed that webclip onto a website so every time that user adds a new youtube video the change shows up on the webpage?

If I can't embed the webclip or get the code from the webclip is there a way I can make an iframe like thing that can take a section of a page. From my understanding an iframe will only take the entire page or an area starting from the top left corner going as wide and far down the page as you set it but can I make some kind of iframe that starts at a set of coordinates on the web page and I can set the height and width of the widget. (I don't know if that made sense, I'm basing that idea on how in Java if I added a rectangle I would tell it where to start and what the height and width should be) I would really appreciate some feedback on this.

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
If you've seen webclips on YouTube, they already have many kinds of custom mashups as part of their API you can use to very easily embed videos.

If you generate your own webclips somehow, sure you can create a page that displays the clip via an iframe set to the dimension of your video player. Most folks use Flash players that load the video clips as .flv for example.

If you tell me how the clips are made, I can offer tips on a more modern approach than iframes such as Ajax to populate a div.

-jim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.