Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
Only for running on the SDK iPhone Simulator on a Mac. Otherwise, the Cocoa and Cocoa Touch libraries available have different APIs.

chinnu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
Australia
exactly,you are 100% correct.
i'm trying to develop that kind of application.
is phoneview app developed using iphone sdk?
plz tell me how to develop application like phoneview.
which api's i need to use.
is it possible to get source code of phoneView app?
thanks alot guys.

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
Actually the answer to your first question is 'partially.' Foundation classes are available on the Mac and iPhone OS. So NSArray, NSURLConnection and others are available on Mac and iPhone. UIKit isn't available on Mac, only on iPhone. Mac has AppKit, which is a desktop version of UIKit.

There are a lot of strategies for transferring files between iPhone and desktop computer. If you want to sync some kind of files between both platforms or you want some kind of automated transfer then you need to write code that works on the desktop as well as the device. If you want the transfer to be under the user's control then you might only need to write device-side code.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
Phoneview is a commercial application and they are not going to simply give you their source code for any reason. Do you even have the iPhone SDK? How much experience do you have programming?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.