Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sMiK

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2008
Liverpool, UK
Hello, is it possible to turn the backlit keyboard feature off somehow on Windows 7? It doesn't work as it is supposed to, every time on startup the light goes on maximum, and sometimes during work it does it again, which is extremely annoying. And you can't turn it all the way down, it always works. Any ideas? :confused:

bcrguy

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Hello, is it possible to turn the backlit keyboard feature off somehow on Windows 7? It doesn't work as it is supposed to, every time on startup the light goes on maximum, and sometimes during work it does it again, which is extremely annoying. And you can't turn it all the way down, it always works. Any ideas? :confused:

in the bootcamp menu in windows go through the tabs untill you find somthing that says "enable f1-f12 keys to control software features" turn that on,
then hold your function (fn) key and hit the key light off key (should be f8)..
that should turn them off..

sMiK

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 8, 2008
Liverpool, UK
well turning that option on just changes the keyboard behaviour, and not more. So if before that I didn't have to use the FN key to turn the light down (which is F5) now I do. F8 doesn't do anything at all, maybe it's different on different MBP models? I'm on late 2008 unibody.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.