Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lemonademaker

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
well after pulling my hair out because i woke up this morning and the phone would just "hang" at the back up screen in itunes....

maybe you already know this.... clear your cache inside the MotionX GPS Drive app....

last night before a road trip i'll be taking, i did a "simulation" of the trip to load the maps inside the app... i guess iTunes doesn't like that.... when you go to back up it will just "freeze/hang" and never finish.... this morning i tried restore... that worked great.... then i went into the GPS drive and did the simulation again and waaalaaa wouldn't go threw the backup process.... deleted the cache and now everything is AOK..... i'm sure the developer knows about it but i'm going to shoot them a quick email.....

just figured someone might be having the same problem....

search keywords for others with problem: backup backing up freezing itunes back up

lemonademaker

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
WOW got a quick response from MotionX(5minutes after I sent them the email)

QUOTE: "Yes, we found that the larger the map cache became, the slower the syncing. I'm sorry about this. In our 2.0 update, we've decided to no longer include the map cache as part of the iTunes backup process. Version 2.0 was submitted to Apple 1-1/2 weeks ago and should be available soon. In the meantime, clearing your cache is the best workaround.

All the Best,"

I still love the GPS app.... especially for $3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.