Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gadgetman99

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 1, 2009
Recently my 2 month old (+/-) rev B MBA USB stopped working. When I plug in a thumb drive, DVD drive or anything, the power light on the usb peripheral comes on, but the drive does not mount. I am running SL, and until last week I had no issue. Anyone have this happen before or have any ideas before I call Apple?

stoconnell

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2009
Rockville (Despite REM's plea.)
Recently my 2 month old (+/-) rev B MBA USB stopped working. When I plug in a thumb drive, DVD drive or anything, the power light on the usb peripheral comes on, but the drive does not mount. I am running SL, and until last week I had no issue. Anyone have this happen before or have any ideas before I call Apple?

Do you see anything in the system logs (/var/log/system.log from in terminal or Console.app) from when you plug in a USB device? Does a mouse work? It could be a permissions issue, try a repair permissions from within Disk Utility. You also try various PRAM/SMC resets, but the fact that power seems to be flowing suggests it's a software problem and not a hardware one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.