Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ricky92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
Hi,im going to purchase my first Apple product very soon.I have enough money to get an 8GB Touch just now or i could wait an extra week and i will have enough for a 32GB Touch.I will have quite a lot of music to go into it and i look forward to downloading many apps.

What i want to know is do you think its worth waiting an extra week for 32GB Touch?

Thanks to those that reply :)

RKO

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2008
Yep hold off until you have enough for the 32GB. The 8GB is too small if you have lots of music, apps and video.

Zedsdead185

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2006
UK
Hi,imgoing to purchase my first Apple product very soon.I have enough money to get an 8GB Touch just now or i could wait an extra week and i will have enough for a 32GB Touch.I will have quite a lot of music to go into it and i look forward to downloading many apps.

What i want to know is do you think its worth waiting an extra week for 32GB Touch?

Thanks to those that reply :)

ooh yes, definately wait. I can see your excited to get your hands on your first apple product, but doing that now and getting an 8Gb will only lead to dissapointment in the longrun. Wait that extra week and get a product thats made by apple, AND will last memory wise ;)

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Wait a week and then choose the 32GB; if you have a lot of music the greater memory capacity will certainly be worth the wait. Agree with Zedsdead185 that buying now may lead to disappointment as the 8GB will hardly be adequate for your needs.

Cheers

skypilot55

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2009
Looks like you have your answer: 32gb.

The fun of the 8gb will wear off at about the same time when you could have been getting the 32gb, which would keep you smiling for a long time.

JB

Ricky92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
I have decided to wait off until next week as i agree with everyones opinion and with all the extra space and better features it will be worth the wait :) Thanks

kAoTiX

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
Midlands, UK
Put it this way, not only does your music use the memory but so do the apps.
So if you got an 8GB you'd be limited to a handful of your songs and the apps on your device.

I'd wait an additional week on top and get the 64GB just for the sake of it lol. Or failing that buy a 32GB iPhone :p

McBeats

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2007
erf
barrow 100 more bucks and get it now!... but seriously tho wait on the 32gb, not even for the space, but for the performance. its that much better, trust me.

mac2x

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2009
I'm going to get a 32 GB touch. It's the best buy, because you get 4x more space than the 8 GB as well as increased performance. The 64 GB gives you even more space, but no performance improvements, for $100 more.

tenand2indy

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2009
I bought the 32GB and have 10 GB filled already with just podcasts and tv shows and music.

Had I gotten an 8GB I would be kicking myself right now. Go 32.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
I got an 8gb iPod Touch a while back, when they were the new thing. even then, it was too small. With all of the programs available for it now, I would think that 8gb would go even less far. 32 might be overkill, but is there a 16gb you could get maybe?

Ricky92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
Thanks to everyone for helping me solve my problem! I went out today and purchased 3G ipod touch 32GB!! :)

Its great so far,the update 3.1.2 is taking a while but its nearly done now.

Cancelled
Mar 28, 2008
Nice! Is the speed boost all that noticeable on it?

Yes, it is very noticeable.
I own iPod Touch 1/2/3 and iPhone 2/3 and the iPod Touch is significantly faster than anything I've used before. The speed is just incredible. Everything just flows!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.