Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SA16

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
I have the Shure SE115m+ right now, but I keep seeing better reviews on the Klipsch Images.

Any reviews? Ideas? Should I just keep with the Shure's?

thanks.

BigBearAZ

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2005
phx, az
I'll throw in my 2cents on the S4i's.
I've had them for about 2 months and am very happy with them. They carry what I'd say is Klipsch's 'bright' sound and punchy bass. If you're not used to the sound of Klipsch you may think it sounds harsh; I have Klipsch pro media speakers set up for my laptop. I'd say the key in getting the perfect sound for these is making sure you have a tight seal. The tips are oval shaped which take a little getting used to. You kind of have to twist them into your ear in order to get good seal. Once in they're comfortable; Sound isolation is good although I usually just have them in at my desk at work and am not in a noise heavy environment. The big selling point for me was the inline remote. I tend to pause/play/change volume alot when using the ipod so I'd much rather use the remote than have to fiddle with the iphone itself.

Overall these are a solid choice for under $100.
I'm gonna try foam tips just out of curiousity and to see what type of seal they offer but other than that I have no problem recommending them.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Makaveli6103

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
Kansas City, MO
I Looked into both of these headphones and ended up buying the S4i. One reason is that the remote is more compatible with the iPhone 3GS and the sound quality. I was able to listen to a friends Shure and was impressed by them them but I have a love for Klipsch. I have their Quintet III system for my surround sound and love them. I tried out the S4i and the sound quality is amazing and the bass is better than the shure but not overwhelming.

SA16

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
thanks for your help guys. I do like the shure's right now, but I think I am going to try the Klipsch as well. I have 2 weeks to take these back, so I might do it and get the Klipsch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.