Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yojiirill

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
Illinois
Hey, guys!

This past summer, I was into photography hardcore (to the point where I got 1st place in a photography contest on a website I go to), and I took over a thousand pictures with my P&S. I also lurked around here a lot to get some knowledge "from the pros", but I never got the chance to see what people think of my work.

My Picasa account has been acting really funny recently, and most of my photos got deleted from my HDD when I got Snow Leopard (which is why I stopped), but I'm gonna see what you guys think of some of the stuff I archived online.

SDC10955.JPG

SDC11704.JPG

SDC11264.JPG

SDC11177.JPG

SDC11469.JPG

DSC00790.JPG

DSC00772.JPG

SDC11094.jpg

SDC10910.JPG

Hope you guys like them! BTW, these were taken on a Samsung SL420.

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y
The

The fire hydrant one is the best.

1: No subject?
2: Timestamp? Turn off or crop...
3: Again, no subject...
4: Align your lines!
5: Out of focus, over saturated.
6: Wayyy too much contrast.
7: I dont understand the framing.
8: I like this one.
9: ?

I am guessing you are adding sharpness and saturation and contrast? Ease up on that. Focus more on taking pictures that you have never seen before. Subject matter is Number 1.

Keep it up! :)

Yojiirill

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
Illinois
The fire hydrant one is the best.

1: No subject?
2: Timestamp? Turn off or crop...
3: Again, no subject...
4: Align your lines!
5: Out of focus, over saturated.
6: Wayyy too much contrast.
7: I dont understand the framing.
8: I like this one.
9: ?

I am guessing you are adding sharpness and saturation and contrast? Ease up on that. Focus more on taking pictures that you have never seen before. Subject matter is Number 1.

Keep it up! :)

When you say "adding", you mean with editing? All these are edit-free. That's why the timestamp was there. I was playing around with the settings, and I happened to like the picture that I took it with :p

Anyway, thanks! Before this summer, I never did any photography really, so that explains why they aren't that great.

Captpegleg

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2009
What's the name of that website? I'm thinking I could add a second or third place contest win to my creds.;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.