Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wittyusername

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
I recently purchased a copy of Rogue Spear for my Mac (Mac book, running OS X, version 10.4.11). I sat down to install it and got the following message when I clicked on the 'installer' icon:

'You cannot open the application "Installer" because it is not supported on this system.'

I'm guessing this is because I'm running a much newer version of Mac OS. Is there any way around this? Is there anything I can tweak/install (similar to ScummVM) to get this running?

Appreciate your help and advice!

Yours,
WittyUsername

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
This game was made for the 'classic' Mac OS. The System Requirements page, which can be found here, show that you would need Mac OS 8.5 or higher (Mac OS 9.2.2 is the latest this game would run on). It will not run on your MacBook since your Mac is intel-based and this game was made for PowerPC Macs.

Alternatively if you have an old PowerPC (G3/G4/G5) Mac with Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" you can run this game in the Classic Environment, or if your Mac can boot into Mac OS 9 natively play it that way also. This game will not run on any Intel-based Macs or any PowerPC Mac which has Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5) installed.

So if you want to play the game it looks like you'll have to find an old Mac to play it on. Or maybe find the Windows version and play it using Boot Camp. :)

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
Hey, I tried to PM you, but I couldn't figure out how. I normally try to make these offers over PM, rather than clod the message board. Sorry.

If you are interested in the Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear series of games for the PC to use under bootcamp, I have pretty much all of them (with the manuals) that I will sell for a very fair price. PM me if you are interested, I will have to look around and see exactly which manuals I have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.