Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Atypical

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
Say I want to run sound on my macbook pro to the output speakers with one program but at the same time I want to run a different program with the sound output run through the headphone jack. Is this possible?

cawesjmu

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2004
Richmond, VA
My first question would be why? If you have headphones on, you can't hear the regular speakers. Maybe someone else wants to hear something? But off the top of my head I don't think that's possible. Maybe some sort of external USB audio adapter could do that.

Atypical

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2009
My first question would be why? If you have headphones on, you can't hear the regular speakers. Maybe someone else wants to hear something? But off the top of my head I don't think that's possible. Maybe some sort of external USB audio adapter could do that.

Ah well, I live in a barracks with roommates. It is nice to keep my white noise playing out of my speakers because it allows me to get done whatever I need to get done without waking them up. But it would be nice to be able to listen to my pandora music through my headphones at the same time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.