Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michael1019

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Hello and thanks to everyone who helped me make this decision.

I decided to go with a Rev B machine (from MacMall - so far, so good). With rebate it was $1349. Same as a refurb Rev B machine from Apple. I'm going to spend the cash that I saved by going Rev B over Rev C on a Runcore SSD in the next couple of months - seems like a much, much greater improvement in performance than the 300mhz processor bump.

So far I'm very, very pleased. The battery life and overall performance is perfectly adequate for me. The screen is a really nice change of pace from that incredibly glossy screen on my old aluminum Macbook (now my Aunt's computer). This computer is just beautiful! So light, so pleasant to type on. We're going to get along well.

The fan does kick on quite often - that's one thing I've noticed going from the last gen aluminum Macbook. Not annoying, just different. However, the machine is still very, very quiet. It does get a bit warm, but not uncomfortably so.

I'll report back again when I've installed the Runcore! Thanks again everyone.

michael1019

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
This is weird...

Quick story...

Ordered my MBA from MacMall over the weekend. Cancelled due to deciding to go with Apple refurb. Well, apparently they were going to hold my funds for 5 business days. After hours on the phone with my bank and MM, I ended up reinstating my order (oh well). Apparently there were some issues with that process. I know they issued me two additional order numbers (besides the one that I cancelled).

I received my computer on Tuesday. I checked my acct last night and the charge for my computer was still pending. Checked today at that charge is nowhere to be found. Just gone. And my balance was, shall we say, way too high. Looks like someone has made a massive mistake here. I'm sure it'll get caught one way or another, but considering the issues that I had and the sheer number of hours spent trying to figure out why it was going to take 5 days to cancel my order and have the money back in my acct, and well - I don't feel like calling them and asking them to take my money. Am I a terrible person?

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
Quick story...

Ordered my MBA from MacMall over the weekend. Cancelled due to deciding to go with Apple refurb. Well, apparently they were going to hold my funds for 5 business days. After hours on the phone with my bank and MM, I ended up reinstating my order (oh well). Apparently there were some issues with that process. I know they issued me two additional order numbers (besides the one that I cancelled).

I received my computer on Tuesday. I checked my acct last night and the charge for my computer was still pending. Checked today at that charge is nowhere to be found. Just gone. And my balance was, shall we say, way too high. Looks like someone has made a massive mistake here. I'm sure it'll get caught one way or another, but considering the issues that I had and the sheer number of hours spent trying to figure out why it was going to take 5 days to cancel my order and have the money back in my acct, and well - I don't feel like calling them and asking them to take my money. Am I a terrible person?

Don't worry about it, they will find and take it soon enough....just spend your time enjoying your new MBA. I've had mine not quite 3 weeks and just love it!

coast1ja

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2009
I've had that same thing happen on my card... then you're all bummed when the charge shows up a day or two later. If it doesn't, lucky you!

dan5.5

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2008
Congrats on the MacBook air. Enjoy!! I am thinking about picking onof these suckers up

aapl fan

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2009
I'm wondering if that particular model from MacMall supports the full set of multi-touch gestures, including 3 and 4 finger swipes. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.