Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kettle

macrumors 65816
Original poster
I was wondering what the feasibility of a user ranking system similar to post count that recorded how many times a user clicked on revenue providing advertisements.

I was thinking that this would be a way of members to get evolved without the need to spam the forums with one word postings.

I'm not sure if it would earn an avatar or whatever, but it would earn money for macrumors.

Is this sort of thing possible? (forgetting privacy issues and what not) :)

Knox

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 1, 2002
UK
It's possible but it would probably be against the terms and conditions for the ad providers, who usually ban you from providing incentives for visitors to click on the ads.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Easiest way to help macRumors is to simply get a paid subscription. I did - and have the PayPal receipt to prove it, though I don't seem to see any proof of it on the site.... Anyway, it's a good way to help.

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
jsw said:
Easiest way to help macRumors is to simply get a paid subscription. I did - and have the PayPal receipt to prove it, though I don't seem to see any proof of it on the site.... Anyway, it's a good way to help.

I agree. Though, I do sound a bit two-faced, as I have not yet contributed to the site. I plan on doing it, but as a poor college student, even $20 is a well-planned financial decision. Perhaps Arn will get it for a christmas present! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.