Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pmaw030180

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2007
New version of WeatherPro has been released tonight! It is a significant improvement, with more detailed forecasts (now per hour), clearer interface and you can also switch the clouds to show whether they have rain (in blue) or if they are just clouds...

Thoughts?

athand

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2009
EU
New version of WeatherPro has been released tonight! It is a significant improvement, with more detailed forecasts (now per hour), clearer interface and you can also switch the clouds to show whether they have rain (in blue) or if they are just clouds...

Thoughts?

Still has annoyingly laggy scroll.
Also now they're asking subscription fees for hourly forecasts, precipitation radars and sat pics. I do like WeatherPro but I hate hidden costs, especially annual fees. :mad:

m3coolpix

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2007
I've bought so many of the weather apps, and then consequently deleted them, that I've lost count and well over $40-$50. Can't see yet that this app is worth it yet from the screenshots.

If you are in the U.S. (it works other places too) i.wund.com in your Safari browser for your iPhone is FREE. It provides all this information in a very nicely presented format. I use bookmarks to quickly go to different locations where I want to look up the weather.

If you want to get rid of the ads from i.wund.com, a $5 yearly subscription will do that. Oh, and it all does the same thing for their full blown wunderground.com website. And, if you want, you can send promo subscriptions to other email addresses, once you've paid for a yearly subscription.

The full blown website radar is hardly ever lagging more than 5 minutes, which is what we need here in Tornado alley (and it works on the iPhone).

About the only weather app that's remained on SpringBoard for me for is, Weather Radar, which is $0.99. You can watch yourself move through a storm (it can place a location dot where you are). Pretty cool.

thegrants82

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2013
Right here

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that if you took out all of the portions of the app that are trying to suck money out of the people that already bought it then it would be a mediocre weather app. Just trashy how you guys are trying to sponge money for services that are free from people. Terrible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.