PDA

View Full Version : The Apple Product Cycle

MacBytes
Jul 26, 2004, 11:25 AM
Category: Humor
Link: The Apple Product Cycle (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040726122537)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

Mudbug
Jul 26, 2004, 11:26 AM
uh, a couple of these hit kinda close to home ;)

<decides to go outside and look at the sun for a minute>

musicpyrite
Jul 26, 2004, 12:34 PM
uh, a couple of these hit kinda close to home ;)

All of these hit home for me!

ahahhaha, that was the funniest thing I've read in a long long time.....

third_floor
Jul 26, 2004, 12:38 PM
"He is pretty sure that if he had to attend WWDC or Macworld, he would wind up slapping the **** out of a bunch of people."

That was the best bit.

killmoms
Jul 26, 2004, 01:43 PM
That whole thing was funny as all get-out, and should be required reading for any Mac rumor-web forum neophyte.

--Cless

crenz
Jul 26, 2004, 01:58 PM
This is quite true... Not only the comments about Mac zealots, but also those about the so-called "analysts". Market analysts sometimes remember me of music critics. Some of them are quite good, but many are disgruntled musicians that couldn't be successful themselves, so they try to profit from the music business in another way.

michaelrjohnson
Jul 26, 2004, 02:10 PM
It's pathetic that it's so true. They whole process is intriguing, though, the part that gets to me is the repetition.

I've you've been on these boards for awhile, there's only so many times that the same topic can come up and be discussed to no end. :rolleyes: But hey, I'm still here after (almost) 4 years.

wdlove
Jul 26, 2004, 02:16 PM
It was an interesting read. Analysts often don't know any more than we know.

Aaon
Jul 26, 2004, 02:30 PM
Yeah,I was laughing my butt off reading those. Though I am a new-ish poster, I have been reading for a while, and so much of that was a direct hit!

Aaron

P.S. - Any thoughts on what Rev. B of this document will feature? I'm hoping for longer battery life and user selectable colors! :p

jsw
Jul 26, 2004, 03:08 PM
Oh, man! I have tears in my eyes! That was fantastic!

Chip NoVaMac
Jul 26, 2004, 03:13 PM
I thought it was a history of threads here on Mac Rumors, so very true.

billyboy
Jul 26, 2004, 03:34 PM
I guess it is "guilty as charged!" This Mac rumour process is really so bizarre, especially as Mac zealots claim to be part of a smarter set of computer using demographic.

btw, anyone know if the next g5 Powerbook will be available in green

Photorun
Jul 26, 2004, 07:32 PM
It wasn't that funny, actually had whiffs of a peecee luser writing it, especially as it didn't say accurately what REALLY happens is peecee makers rip off something out of the Apple cycle a couple months after it's release. Bad spin. Better parody. Move on, nothing to see here.

killmoms
Jul 26, 2004, 09:16 PM
It wasn't that funny, actually had whiffs of a peecee luser writing it, especially as it didn't say accurately what REALLY happens is peecee makers rip off something out of the Apple cycle a couple months after it's release. Bad spin. Better parody. Move on, nothing to see here.
Actually, he did say that. He only said they do it badly, which with the iPod (which named or not is the focus of this) is true. Wake up and smell the humor, or don't you have a sense of it?

--Cless

nagromme
Jul 26, 2004, 11:01 PM
"Haters pan the device for being less powerful than a Cray X1 while zealots counter that it is both smaller and lighter than a Buick Regal." :D

I like the little pictures too :) I predict this will become a Mac forum mainstay:

http://www.misterbg.org/AppleProductCycle/CryBaby.gif

Stecchino
Jul 28, 2004, 09:55 AM
Hilarious. Many of those describe me to a T, except for Maria Bartiromo.