PDA

View Full Version : Tascam us144 midi problem in Logic 9! help needed

mox23
Nov 4, 2009, 11:41 PM
What's happening forum. My name is Joseph and i'm having a problem with my interface TAscam us 144 and logic.

So i'm trying to hookup my Yamaha PSR E303 through MIDI into my Tascam Us144 and Logic. I want to be able to record my keyboard for song writting.

1- Plug in the midi cables all good
2- open Logic Pro 9
3- add new track " General Midi"

Ok here is when the problem kicks in. So i put the track but logic wont recognize my interface. It Works perfectly well on audio track (when i record guitar or so) But when midi. It wont recognize it. I press record and nothing will record.My system preferences are set in:

OutPut: Built in ( i do my work with headphones)
Input: Tascam us-144

For some reason it wont record at all. Am i doing something wrong?(im a real noob)

Please help me out forum I would appreciated so much! thanks again

edit: It only worked once. It recognized my interface then recorded MIDI. But no sound would come out of the computer, Instead it would come out of my keyboard. After that happened i pressed record again and nothing. It didn't recognize it again.

Maybe it's a problem with the interface? help me out ! please!:)

oh, im using a macbook with snow leopard

mox23
Nov 5, 2009, 03:51 PM
is anyone there?

ChrisA
Nov 5, 2009, 06:55 PM
Is the interface seen in the "audio midi setup" app? Are you sure the IN and OUT cables are not swapped?

YOU need to give a bit more detail

mox23
Nov 6, 2009, 12:09 AM
the cables are not swapped i made sure a million time. And i do not have audio midi setup app. hope this clears somethings out. I am clueless

mox23
Nov 10, 2009, 09:41 PM
ok! finally i got it working! the buffer was set too low! so finally i can reord my keyboard yay!

BUT there is a problem. I record and when i stop recording , then record again it wont record anymore. Is this a problem with my interface or logic? help please!

paulo83
Mar 10, 2012, 09:00 AM
Hi,

A question and an answer. I'm having the same problem as you described getting my midi to work with the tascam 144 I have. How did you fix it? How do you change the buffer size?

To answer your question, I was also having the same problem with the tascam kind of disconnecting (when I used it with garageband on a macbook). I'm pretty sure it's the tascam that's the problem, since when using the equipment as an audio-interface with a different more powerful iMac, and with Logic instead of garageband, I still have the same problem.