Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NusuniAdmin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
Do the g4 towers on apple.com come with panther and ilife 04. Some sites say yes others say no....im confused!

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
It says right at the bottom of the page where you can select which model of the G4 that you want to buy.. "All new Power Mac G4s ship with Mac OS X v 10.3 "Panther" installed."

NusuniAdmin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
Nermal said:
I bought mine back in December and it came with Panther :)

I know yours didn't but do you think they come with ilife04 as well. It makes sense to. Steve said every new mac would have it and the g4 towers were still being made back then....... I guess if they dont then he was lieing.....

rand()

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2004
Michigan
NusuniAdmin said:
I know yours didn't but do you think they come with ilife04 as well. It makes sense to. Steve said every new mac would have it and the g4 towers were still being made back then....... I guess if they dont then he was lieing.....

I thought yellow had hinted strongly enough, but I'll just come out and say it. Seriously, read the page on the Apple Store before you post. The info is all there.

apple.com said:
Power tools for professionals
The Power Mac G4 also comes with a library of creative, productivity and communications-specific third-party applications that leverage the strengths of Mac OS X. These include QuickBooks for Mac New User Edition and a collection of professional tools such as Art Directors Toolkit, Microsoft Office v.X Test Drive, FileMaker Pro Trial, OmniGraffle, OmniOutliner and Graphic Converter.
In addition, the Power Mac G4 comes with Apple’s easy-to-use iLife applications, which include iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie and iDVD. (iDVD software ships with SuperDrive-equipped model only)

To be fair, it doesn't say whether that is specifically iLife '04. But if they are shipping with panther, they should be shipping with '04.

:p -rand()

NusuniAdmin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
rand() said:
I thought yellow had hinted strongly enough, but I'll just come out and say it. Seriously, read the page on the Apple Store before you post. The info is all there.

To be fair, it doesn't say whether that is specifically iLife '04. But if they are shipping with panther, they should be shipping with '04.

:p -rand()

Exactly, apple is NOT specific enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.