View Full Version : ejecting cd?

seebol
Jul 26, 2004, 01:14 PM

Butler Trumpet
Jul 26, 2004, 01:16 PM
umm..... Push Eject??? ha

crees!
Jul 26, 2004, 02:08 PM
That made my day. Now I feel I can be productive.

JzzTrump22
Jul 26, 2004, 02:32 PM
Either right click on the image of the disk on the desktop then click eject or hold down the eject button for a few seconds.

musicpyrite
Jul 26, 2004, 02:33 PM
open up the Terminal. (located in Applications>Utilites)

to eject a CD type:
drutil tray eject

to close the CD drive type:
drutil tray close

HarbV7.0
Jul 26, 2004, 02:38 PM
You can generaly drag any removable media to the trash and the trash symbol will turn into an eject symbol. From my experience that's how most users eject their media. The only time you should ever have to use the command line to do it is if your only way into the box is too ssh in.

SilentPanda
Jul 26, 2004, 02:40 PM
Or... reboot your machine and hold down the (left) mouse button! Yay!

musicpyrite
Jul 26, 2004, 03:12 PM
Or... reboot your machine and hold down the (left) mouse button! Yay!

Since we're all thinking of how to eject a CD in nice fun colorful ways, I though I would add one more:

Use screwdriver to pry open CD-ROM.

If slot-loading, dissasmble the whole machine.

SilentPanda
Jul 26, 2004, 03:18 PM
You can probably (carefully) pour some kind of acid on your machine to get the exterior cover off... :cool:

Butler Trumpet
Jul 26, 2004, 03:23 PM
I had this problem once... I took my computer down to my local fire department and they were very nice to use the jaws of life to pry it out.... I would try that.

jsw
Jul 26, 2004, 03:26 PM
Bring mac outside. Screw large eye screw into tree. Drill pilot hole, and screw smaller eye screw into CD tray. Attach the two with chain or steel wire. Drill several other pilot holes into back of Mac. Attach eye screws and wire. Attach those wires to bumper of car. Pull car away from tree.