PDA

View Full Version : Apple Care Question for my Powerbook

tuna9720
Nov 5, 2009, 10:48 PM
Hopefully here is the right place to ask that..

I have a Powerbook which is obviously out of warranty :) And one of my keys popped off and I was making a research to find a solution fixing that.. I ended up with the apple's support page . It was mentioning about I should pay for scheduling a phone support for that and I accidentally scheduled for this weekend. I didn't intend to do so since my issue can't be fixed over the phone.

So I was just clicking continue to see what my options are . I was expecting to be asked my credit card # then I would close the window but it did schedule the call some how. Weird thing is it did not even ask for my credit card or anything..

I know it might sound a dumb question :D but am I really going to pay that or if possible how do I cancel it..

Any experience?

EricNau
Nov 5, 2009, 10:52 PM
The rep will ask for payment at the beginning of your call, and you can decline at that time.

However, do explain your dilemma to the AppleCare agent, as they are able to give advice and offer suggestions at no cost. They just won't be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, or give step by step instructions, but your problems doesn't require any of the above.

Good luck. :)

tuna9720
Nov 5, 2009, 11:04 PM
The rep will ask for payment at the beginning of your call, and you can decline at that time.

However, do explain your dilemma to the AppleCare agent, as they are able to give advice and offer suggestions at no cost. They just won't be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, or give step by step instructions, but your problems doesn't require any of the above.

Good luck. :)

They should include this information along with the schedule report page or before .

I appreciate your response. Thank you..

ziggyonice
Nov 5, 2009, 11:16 PM
You are allowed one out-of-warranty free phone call for your computer. Otherwise, they’ll ask for credit card information to charge you for support.

I can tell you right now that if it’s just because a key popped off, you’re going to need to find a replacement key someplace. Apple’s policy is that if a key falls off, they will replace the whole keyboard (~$60).