Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
Alright well I'm going to break down and buy a new iPod. Since I can get the engraving for free, I was going to put my name on the first line, but I'm stuck as to what I should put on the second.

What's engraved on your iPod?

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
I didn't get engraving, because I upgrade with every revision, so I gotta sell them off.

Lee Tom

jonnyblobby

macrumors member
May 25, 2003
Aus, Sydney
It seems you can have more than two lines.

I was using my dad's 30GB iPod for a few months before I got mine.
He got his as a gift from the Jazz Musician, James Morrison, for the work he and I did on his latest project at the Sydney Opera House called "On The Edge"
Laser Engraved on the back of the 30GB iPod is:

Phil,
Thanks for helping us get

"On The Edge"

James Morrison

And the text used was in a scipted font.

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
I got mine engrave with my name.

You should get yours engraved with somthing like:

10,000 more reasons to pirate music
Up yours RIAA!
You can kiss my shiny metal ass Bill Gates!

Try this link for more ideas for engraing your iPod.

sams.gif

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
mnkeybsness said:
Alright well I'm going to break down and buy a new iPod. Since I can get the engraving for free, I was going to put my name on the first line, but I'm stuck as to what I should put on the second.

What's engraved on your iPod?

don't use your name. you might some day sell or give away the ipod.

mine says "DON'T PANIC"

its from douglas adams hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

dcslacker

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2004
i wasn't too creative and just had my name engraved on it. at least, that's what i ordered on mine. it's somewhere in alaska right now, hopefully arriving in a couple days. i can't wait! :cool:

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
andiwm2003 said:
don't use your name. you might some day sell or give away the ipod.

mine says "DON'T PANIC"

its from douglas adams hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

That's a nice, harmless inscription...hmmm, no, it's a *mostly* harmless inscription. :p

Mine has my name and e-mail address...which brings up the "yeah, like anyone'll contact you" conversation, but hey, there are a couple of good people in the world, maybe one'll find my lost iPod.... :)

Island Roots

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2003
On my old 3rd generation iPod (which I have sold and replaced with a 4G iPod), I had the following lines:

Once you go Mac,
you never go back.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Hmm. Someone on here said they had "Here's to the crazy ones" on theirs. But after seeing that site of rejected engravings, I'm now considering "Bite my Shiny Metal Ass! -Bender" :D

Or maybe I should spell it as "byte" ;)

I'm such a geek :rolleyes:

Calvinatir

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2003
LA
Mine has the Volkswagon symbol followed by "Drivers Wanted"...Its in a large font, filling the width of the iPod...looks pretty cool. And for being free, i don't really care what the put on it! Well..i wouldn't use it much if it said.."Kerry 2004"....but whatever

G4-power

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2004
Vaasa, Finland
I'm ordering a 4G iPod probablytoday from the Apple Store, and I just don't know what I want to be engraved on it. I thought about "Mind you, property of" on the first line and my name on the second. What do you think?
Any better ideas, I'll include my name on it too, but what to put in addition?

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Calvinatir said:
Mine has the Volkswagon symbol followed by "Drivers Wanted"...Its in a large font, filling the width of the iPod...looks pretty cool. And for being free, i don't really care what the put on it! Well..i wouldn't use it much if it said.."Kerry 2004"....but whatever

Didn't know they allowed for graphics.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Nothing... :(

It wasn't possible when we ordered our minis from CompUSA back in February... and that was the only way to get a mini over to Europe at the time...

On the other side I would probably just choose something boring like my cellphone number... since I don't think it would be room to get
There are no stupid questions,
just stupid people!
without splitting the word questions...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.